Posting Pictures

I was trying to post pictures over in the Community Center Forum, in the "Bond Girls" thread. I was using the same method that I used before and it accepts them as attachments not as included pictures. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a new way of doing this?

BTW< I was trying to post some rather chaste pictures of Diana Rigg, the Emma Peel of The Avengers TV series and a Bond Lady from On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

I just checked the links on my For Sale posts and none of them seem to be working. They were fine yesterday, what additional features have we lost?

n2s

Hugh, the answer to your question is given in a secret message concealed at the top of every forum where no one will ever find it. :)

Not2sharp, maybe if you were more specific about the problem....

That secret was in one of those concealed announcements too, but that announcement seems to have expired. Html was disabled for security reasons but you can do the same things with vB code (which is easier to work with anyway). If you need help click on the vB Code [help] button on the posting screen.

So, Cougar, what you are telling me is that, if the HTML is turned off, then I must set up my own web page rather than refer to pics saved on my computer as I have before? Bad news! The ability to post pictures once in a while is one of the reasons that I got a Gold Membership, that ans supporting BF.com.

Cougar,

Thanks for the help. I hadn't seen an update on the original announcement and I wanted to confirm that it wasn't a temporary glitch before going back to edit everything.

n2s

The html versus vB code answer was for Not2sharp's problem.

Hugh, we've been forced to make some changes to the configuration in order to keep the forum working at all. Traffic keeps growing and we don't have $14,000 for a new server. That's why attachments are appearing as attachments that have to be clicked on instead of as inline pictures. It's not as good but it's less load on the server and at least the forum is still usable.... We'll restore full functionality as soon as possible, of course, but I don't know when that will be.

I wish we didn't have to make these compromises, but $14,000 isn't easy to come by. :(

Back