Power hammer question

Hello, I joined quite a while back but prefer to quietly watch and learn.
I am the third owner of a home built 75lb pneumatic power hammer. Living in NW Oregon, about 1/2 way between Portland and the coast.
Does anyone know of someone nearby, with knowledge of this type of hammer that might be susceptible to bribery or coercion to possibly visit and diagnose problems?

I didn't see this post. I will move it to Shop Talk where more folks will be likely to reply.

On the side of the hammer is a rod that travels with the hammer. Along side is another rod that has a movable device that I think is supposed to trigger the hammer cycle stop. It doesn’t seem to do anything predictable.
Is there any way to get you pictures without using some 3rd party hosting site?

After hammering a “heat”, the hammer sometimes comes down slow and pinches the steel. Sometimes it stops with a random distance from the bottom die. A very slight touch on the foot lever will move it, usually upwards a bit. I am constantly getting it to adjust to be sure it will accept the steel for the next heat

On the side of the hammer is a rod that travels with the hammer. Along side is another rod that has a movable device that I think is supposed to trigger the hammer cycle stop. It doesn’t seem to do anything predictable.
Is there any way to get you pictures without using some 3rd party hosting site?

A gold paid membership, but even that doesn't work worth a damn.

Imjur and Youtube

Video may be useful for this.

Back