Recommendation? Practical Wak with long handle

MTHall720

Gold Member
I appreciate any thoughts on this. I used to have a practical wakizashi or some version of it. It had a long handle that allowed me to grip it with both hands. It didn't have a traditional ray skin wrap. Trying to find something with a traditional look, but on a budget of about 250.00 ish, new or used. The offerings from CAS, Paul Chen, Kris Cutlery, and CS Warrior Series are all I have researched so far.

Anything that would give value for the money, have a two handed grip, and is fully functional?

What do you mean by fully functional? Are you doing a sword form, cutting art? Because you may be able to find a WW II non-com sword for around there, but it would be katana size. Other then that the ones you mentioned are all good.

Thank you for the information. I meant I want one I can sharpen and at some future time want to do some light chopping of mats or even plastic jugs.

If you want a 2 handed wakizashi, you might widen your search to a ko-katana. They are shorter than a katana, though still somewhat longer than a wakizashi, while having a full-size tsuka. I think the Cheness would be in your budget, but hopefully the more knowledgeable gents will be along soon.

If you want a 2 handed wakizashi, you might widen your search to a ko-katana. They are shorter than a katana, though still somewhat longer than a wakizashi, while having a full-size tsuka. I think the Cheness would be in your budget
This. :thumbsup: I have a Cheness SGC series (mean cutter) a Wiwingti (no longer around-a shame :()and a custom (can be had for less from China, with a month or two wait-check the "Bay". ;) The ko-kat is a very interesting sword and enhances cutting skills IMO. :cool:

so that's what a "Wak" is. How 'bout those straight-bladed ninja swords?

Only about the coolest and most badass piece of shaped metal to ever exist in the entire history of Mankind!

Back