Prayers for those in the path of Ivan

Looks like this is gonna be a bad one. I am in Montgomery, Al, and it is supposed to get bad even this far north. Good luck to all those in the lower gulf states and florida. My prayers are with you and yours.

I just went through Hurricane Charley, It hit me dead on, it was really nastey. Good luck to all and God Bless.

Hurricanes are not fun :mad: , so far I'm at $40,000 worth of damage, and I was with-out power, phone, and water of 13 days.

Take care.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys!!!
We're gonna need it with this one!
I'm gonna be on the east side of Ivan.
I can take the hurricane, I just pray it doesn't spit out any tornadoes!!
Here's a before pic of my shop.
Hopefully I won't need to post an after pic! :p
See you guys in a day or two!!!!!!!

picofshop.jpg

My company runs one of the terminals at the Port of New Orleans, they've shut down for the storm. I've visited there, they'll be in my thoughts and prayers and so will the rest of you in that storm's path... be safe.

Our prayers are with all of you. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this terrible experience. :( Please take care of yourselves and your pets. Everyone I talk to in my area seems to be saying the same thing. We're all relieved that the hurricane isn't hitting us, but we aren't rejoicing since it's hitting someone else instead. :( Please let us know how you are doing (if possible).

On another note, it seems that Ivan may not be the end of this INSANE season. Let me introduce to you, Tropical Storm Jeanne. http://hurricane.accuweather.com/ad...atlantic&storm=Jeanne&imagetype=move&partner= By all accounts, it is expected to increase in strength and turn into a hurricane by the weekend. My husband and I spent ten minutes laughing yesterday after seeing this one. We don't think it's funny, we're just tired. There's nothing left to do. :rolleyes:

It's Hurricane of the week club anymore, Jsmatos I know what you mean. We had 23 tornadoes in 1 day when Charley came to visit and this one should shed no mercy either no matter which way it turns. According to our local forecasters we will have rains and wind coming in tommorow and God only knows what by Friday. Keep the faith all.

Cindy Denning said:
It's Hurricane of the week club anymore, Jsmatos I know what you mean. We had 23 tornadoes in 1 day when Charley came to visit and this one should shed no mercy either no matter which way it turns. According to our local forecasters we will have rains and wind coming in tommorow and God only knows what by Friday. Keep the faith all.

Yeah, didn't the weather forecasters tell us that there was nothing left after Ivan. :rolleyes: This is the hurricane of the week club. We have had one a week for what? four weeks? :rolleyes: Anyhow, I remember the weather man saying that there were 70 someodd tornado warnings in Northeast Florida during Frances. Thankfully, we only had four touch downs next to our home. Unfortunately, two were one street over from our house. :eek: So let's all figuratively hold hands and wait for Jeanne to pass to see what's next. Maybe God thinks this is a bowling alley? I think I've been good. :(

I've been good too!!! I've always heard only the good die young so maybe I'll drink a beer and pick a fight with that mean old dog that keeps running around here, where DiD I put me Braveheart makeup last! :D

Odd how every year the so-called "hurricane experts" say that this year is bound to be more active than normal. It's the stopped clock syndrome; twice every 24 hours it is going to be right.

I just saw the weather, you folks on the Alabama and Fla. coast batten down the hatches, it looks it will be a hell of a ride. I'll be thinking of you. Let us know how you fair.

Prayers sent.

Steve

Greetings all from Bainbridge, GA...about 100 miles north of East Point, FL.
Ivan is starting to show his might. I am about 230 miles E. of Mobile and we are getting sustained 30-40 mph winds. We've already have had 15+ tornado sightings/warnings. I am praying for those folks in W. FL and AL...it's not going to be pretty. Get gone if you can, if not batten down and hold on!

Having just got power back after 12 days from Frances, I've only seen a little about Ivan. My prayers are with all those in his path.

Also, my undying gratitude to the men of Hydro Quebec, who travelled far to restore power to my area.

Geraldo,

I'm happy to see you back. :) We're all so resilient. ;) I hope everyone has made it through this storm with themselves and their homes intact. L6steel, how did your shop hold up?

Just to lighten things up around here:
TOP 10 REASONS HURRICANE SEASON IS LIKE CHRISTMAS

10. Decorating the house.

9. Dragging out boxes that haven't been used since last season.

8. Last minute shopping in crowded stores.

7. Regular TV shows pre-empted for "specials".

6. Family coming to stay with you.

5. Family and friends from out of state calling.

4. Buying food you don't normally buy... and in large quantities.

3. Days off from work.

2. Candles.

And the number one reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas....

At some point you know you're going to have a tree in your house!

Back