Prayers Needed for G2s Grandson

Win Heger

Gold Member
Folks I just got off the phone with Gary and the birth of his second grandson did not go well. There were complications and both Carter and his mom Heather need our prayers.

I'm not going to into details but I hope that a lot of positive thoughts and prayers can help a bit. Gary is going to be traveling tomorrow and will chime in at some point, I'm sure.

Win

Please relay to Gary my sincere condolences, his family will be in my prayers. God will make things right.;)

I'm sorry to hear this terrible news, Gary is one of the finest fellows you could hope to meet. All my best go out to his Family.

I have been there with my son! Moms and babies are very surprising and I pray that all will be well...and Mom and Baby will be home soon.

Ren

Thanks Win for the post and thanks guys for the support, just back from the
hospital, still nothing positive yet to report.

Story is, she was asked to come in and they were going to induce her today
the baby's head was where it should be, but he'd been flipping around like
crazy all the time, but since he was there, they broke the water and gave her
something to induce contractions, a short while later, he flipped again and they
lost the heartbeat, moved her into emergency C section and the baby was
delivered but not breathing, they have something pumping air into him for now
his colour came back a little but the doctor was nothing but grave about the
prospects, I am praying that tomorrow he will have grown a bit stronger and
the doc will move up his report, a VERY sad day for both my wife and I and of
course Heather and her husband Joel...
G2

Gary, thoughts and prayers from Virginia.
md

Thanks Michael, here are a couple of images taken today, wasn't in much of a mood
to capture this eventful time, but...

Here's Carter Robert Blencowe;

IMG_0853.jpg

Here's his dad and his dad's parents with him in the hallway;

IMG_0850.jpg

and here is a shot of my first grandson, Ian James, with the father just off in the background;

IMG_0843.jpg

Got to get to bed now, have to catch a flight at 6am tomorrow heading to Portland OR
Very early to get from home to the airport, hate these early morning flights! Also hate
to leave with this going on, but, have to keep the family fed and no one else at this time
to do it, will be back end of the week though, hopefully things will have improved!
G2

Gary:

For what it's worth I have experience (26 years) working with adults and babies in intensive care on breathing machines. Your grandchild looks like he's in good condition. He looks like he's a good size with no meconium stains on the face. As frightening it is to the family, it's not terribly unusual to put a neonate on a respirator after a crash section like you described. God willing this won't be long. The advances they have made in the last few years is remarkable. Assuming he doesn't have complicated congenital defects, his chances are excellent. Good luck man I really feel for you.:thumbup:

Gary,

Those pics brought tears to my eyes, because I saw myself, and my youngest about 19 months ago. God healed him, and he will your grandson too. Prayers sent for him and family.

RXX

Uplifting post, thanks! I may sleep a little sounder tonight!
G2

edited to add, Rxx I had a ton of tears after I left the hospital,
tried to call my grandmother but couldn't even start to talk
all choked up and crying like a crazy man, not a great day but
it's in God's hands and appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers very much!
G2

Gary, may God give strength to you and your family to get through this, and especially to the little guy. I thought the same thing as Scott Dog when I saw the picture of him, he looks good, all things considered, not shriveled, not struggling.

It wouldn't be right of the doctor to be cheerful until he sees medical evidence of a turn-around. Lets see him smile in the morning!

Thanks Esav, I guess that's the doctors thoughts, not to make it too hopeful
so when things do progress, it will be a welcome sight.
G2

Gary...... Been there:(. My first Daughter was born under much that same conditions. She is now a very healthy 7 y.o.

Be strong for your family.

Smoke and prayers from our little home.

Gary , you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Keep the faith.

Great chatting with you tonight , holler if there is anything I can do.

Back