Pre 1945 110??

I would say he's about fifteen years off.someone sure did get their money's worth out of that blade though.

I haven't ever seen one sharpened down that much!! Would be intersting to have it just for curiousity sake.

With this type of auction, I am sometimes puzzled. Is the seller really that uninformed or is he just playing a role of an uninformed, innocent seller? In this case, I tend to think it is the former, but I do wonder.

I think that the age difference/discrepancy may perhaps be meant as some way to explain the radical amount of sharpening that has occured. Of course, without seeing the date stamp, we cannot tell when the knife was made.

geothorn said:
With the seller stating that the knife was manufactured in 1945, I'd find it tough to believe anything that seller has to say.

Being ignorant and uninformed is one thing, but giving purposefully misleading misinformation is just wrong.
Sorry, I stepped out-of-bounds. The seller is as upfront about the date of the knife as he can be, without coming here and finding out the exact year of the knife's manufacture, to the best of his ability. I'd leave the "pre-1945" stuff out of the description, though. I was wrong in only scanning the listing, without reading it fully.

I wonder how many more sharpenings are left on that blade? ;)

GeoThorn

According to the description, the seller says it "CAME OUT OF A FOOTLOCKER WITH PRE-1945 ITEMS" and "NOT SURE WHAT THE AGE OF THIS KNIFE IS BUT I'VE BEEN ADVISED MAYBY AROUND THE EARLY 1960'S"

I don't see any attempt at deception here. But, since there are no bids yet, he may have been able to updat his listing after having been corrected. To me, doing so would be the sign of an honest seller.

-Steve

I sent the seller a note earler He changed the description to what it is now. I told him they didn't start making the 110 till 1964, but he still said early 60's. He didn't describe it further..

Yeah, I had e-mailed him also, and he e-mailed back saying he changed it, his original listing clearly said "pre-1945 Buck 110"

He replied that the tang was marked Buck USA which I believe means it was made between 1968 and 1972 depending on a few variables.

Back