Pre ordered my most expensive knife to date

So I just pre ordered a new Spartan harsey plague doctor last night from knife center. It is my most expensive piece to date. Dethroning my inkosi and sebbie! My buddy who is also into knives says look what I ordered...soon as.I saw I instantly knew I had to have one. The engraving alone is fantastic and made me pull the trigger. So what's the good and bad with this knife? Its my first Spartan harsey and don't know much about them. Also is this a special run or something with low production numbers? Very curious to know. Thanx folks

The good: I like the biohazard symbol on the pivot, the size, and the S45vn blade.

Congrats on your new toy. Totally out of my price range so I have nothing to say about the company or knife.

I just got one myself from a member here. I haven’t carried it much and don’t really plan on it being a user; but it appears VERY well built and it is plenty stout. I have heard it said and think it’s quite an apt observation that it is like a love child of a Sebenza and a Hinderer. I would like to get a plain Jane soon and turn that into a daily carry.

99% of the time I carry either a Sebenza or an Inkosi, it certainly seems on par with those. If I am being honest the action is even a bit more satisfying.

So I just pre ordered a new Spartan harsey plague doctor last night from knife center. It is my most expensive piece to date. Dethroning my inkosi and sebbie! My buddy who is also into knives says look what I ordered...soon as.I saw I instantly knew I had to have one. The engraving alone is fantastic and made me pull the trigger. So what's the good and bad with this knife? Its my first Spartan harsey and don't know much about them. Also is this a special run or something with low production numbers? Very curious to know. Thanx folks
The iconic Harsey blade profile makes for an outstanding user in all ways. You will find it hard to resist performing even mundane tasks with it.

I just got one myself from a member here. I haven’t carried it much and don’t really plan on it being a user; but it appears VERY well built and it is plenty stout. I have heard it said and think it’s quite an apt observation that it is like a love child of a Sebenza and a Hinderer. I would like to get a plain Jane soon and turn that into a daily carry.

99% of the time I carry either a Sebenza or an Inkosi, it certainly seems on par with those. If I am being honest the action is even a bit more satisfying.
Get a user model too, man. These are too good not to carry. I see plenty on the secondary at reasonable prices.

I came back, enjoyed the pics, and just realized what your name is... Threeeeeeeee! 👂👈

I’ve read on here that you can order directly from Spartan Blades.
Spartan Blades said in April they have 150+ individual orders for 2020 special editions backlogged plus their outstanding dealer orders, so they are not taking any new individual orders as of then.

Instead of an arrow in the clip, it should be a hypodermic needle.

I also don't want to be discouraging, but KnifeCenter takes continuous preorders, so there is no guarantee they will be able to fill your order. The Plague Doctor is a 2020 Special Edition. Spartan does unique designs and updates them every year. Fortunately/unfortunately for 2020 they are very behind due to COVID-19, so they are still filling orders for 2020 models. I believe they are on their last batches of dealers orders from 2020 and about 150 individual orders directly with them, and then they'll probably be doing just 2021 special editions.

EDIT: I did actually just talk to KnifeCenter, and they said they expect to fill all preorders. If they have a hard cap from the manufacturer, they will limit preorders. That doesn't mean they'll be able to fill it for sure, as Spartan may not have given them a hard cap but may not be able to supply continuous preordering that's still going on now, but it is a reason to hope!

Last edited:
Love the Compass one, I have a bit of Tolkien nerdy side to me.
I loved that as well. It would have been a keeper, but the fact is, Spartan made some improvements to models released 2nd half of 2020 beyond just s45vn. The lockface geometry is improved, among other small details, eliminating any sort of lock rock that occasionally effected earlier models. Even though mine were good, I only kept the newest ones.

Back