Pre-worn Busse Knives.

SALTY

Gold Member
I just keep thinking about the look that used Busses have. You know, that look that only time and care can render. Not that "I dragged my Busse behind the pick-up on the interstate for 60 miles" look but rather that "been around and done myuck look.

A SF soldier approached the Busse table at the last Blade show with his user field knife. That baby had sure been used, but it was beatiful - a 5/16ths SH Steel Heart, IIRC. Jerry personally sharpened it for him and then shaven his arm hair. What with Jerry's arm hair and skin on the knife, it should have been retired and placed on display!

They sure look good brand spanking new and the first ding does hurt, but eventually they take on a look that seems fitting. Maybe Jerry should sell pre-worn Busses straight from the shop.

hey Nimmy,

That's a good idea (NO, not selling the used Busses, but-) SHOW US YOUR USER BUSSES !!

Too often we get these "glamour shots" - how about some pre-loved Busse pics!!

I use a Basic 7 for my dive duties and am about to employ a Basic 9 for the same purpose (darn fish are getting too big and feisty for just a 7) but my knives still look hardly worn !

So, if you got 'em, and I know you do - how about showing how much you loved your Busses !

marc
marc@bussecombat.com

I agree on the pre-used idea, I'm tired of seeing all
the safe queens. I wish I ownend a digital camera, I
have a few users.

I wish I'd have taken a few pictures of my Steel Heart before Jerry retired it. (FYI INFI will deform when hit hard enough with hard, steel objects, won't chip though) It was the quintessential user for me, trouble is, Jerry refused to return it too me, insisting on sending me a new one. Bah!

Marc, personally, I love the pictures of safe queens, and would venture to say that some of the posts aren't really safe queens at all; it takes an inordinate amount of abuse to make a Busse knife appear to be used!

Perhaps in the not so distant future, there will be some really cool pictures of the new line being used for specific tests...maybe not. :D

By the way, what type of tests would the Jerry Krishna's like to see?

Back