• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*PRICE DROPS* Slipjoints and Utility patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.
~ All have been taken care of – oiled, cleaned after use, not stored in sheaths, stored in a lidded box with desiccant, etc.
~I'm open to fair offers, but lowball offers will be politely ignored.

I have a few fixed blades here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/958029-Fixed-blades-for-sale
and regular folders here:http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/957731-Folders-for-sale

The rules:
~ The first unconditional "I'll take it" in this thread gets it.
~ Shipping: $5.00 is you buy one knife; I'll pay the shipping if you buy two or more.
~ Shipping will be USPS Priority Mail, delivery confirmation.
~ By committing to buy, you acknowledge that you are over 18 and the knife/knives you are buying are legal to own in your jurisdiction.
~ USPS money order only; I might take a check if I've had dealings with you before.
~ No international shipping.

Trade interests:
~ GEC Cuban or Congress patterns in "Dead Skunk" acrylic
~ Large Congress pattern, American made
~ Vicotrinox ALOX Farmer
~ Boker Carver's Congress
~ Serpentine Stockman patterns, 3-7/8" long or larger. (I'll consider smaller ones, maybe.)

And now, on to the goodies:

Buck #317 two-blade Hunter $40. Carried & used; no box. No sheath. IIRC, the previous owner states that this one was made by Camillus circa 1973.
Both blades are flat-ground. Good snap on both blades as well, but there is some side/side blade play, which can be fixed in a padded vise. (I can do it
if the buyer wants it done.)

Camillus #23 Jumbo Jack, re-scaled $75. $80. Carried but used very little; no box. 4-1/8" closed, 3" main spear blade and 2-1/4" pen blade. Half-
stops and great snap on both blades. These were released by Camillus back in the 70's or 80's, and were scaled with white Delrin or some other
synthetic material. This one was re-scaled in jigged red bone by a member here, and he did a wonderful job. Very hefty, chunky knife, and the
handle fits your hand really well when you're wearing gloves.

006.jpg

Canal Street #313324 Cannitler $50. $55. SPF to Nick D. Fingerz Unused by me; mostly just sat in my whittler knife roll and hasn't been used yet;
box included. Typical Canal Street quality in a neat and very useful pattern. D2 blade steel. Bolster is numbered, #105 of 400 made.

Case #6265SAB two-blade Hunter $35. traded to Vanguard41xx Carried, used, & sharpened; no box. CV blades, some side/side play on both blades,
but this can be tightened up in a padded vise. (I can do it if the buyer wants it done.) Tang stamp indicates it was made in 1982 or 1983. Some spots
on the blades, but no major rust or staining. Brown leather sheath included. This one's in very good shape for it's age. Small spots on the blades, and
the main blade has a little side-to-side play, but this can be fixed with a padded vise. (I don't have a vise on my bench yet, or I'd have done it
already.) An odd thing about this one is the scales: there is a different jigging pattern on the pile side scale. It doesn't detract for the function
of the knife, it's just different.

Case # Gunboat $85. $90. Fondled a lot, unused by me; box included. 4-1/4" closed, spear/spay/sheepfoot blades; good snap on all three blades. Red
jigged bone scales, no shield but the word "CASE" in script is inset into the scale. Basically, a large Cattle Knife with raised bolsters like the smaller
Canoe pattern.

013.jpg

Case #31549W Copperlock CV Wharncliffe $45. SPF to fatherhudson$48. Carried & used; no box. Tang stamp indicates made in 2003. 4-1/4" closed,
yellow Delrin scales, CASE shield, CV Wharncliffe blade. In good, usable condition, with a small crack in the yellow Delrin running from the top rivet (near
the pivot) to the scale edge on the pile side, and general wear from storage & being carried a few times. Not used for anything other than peeling a
kiwi. I was planning to have Kerry Lewis re-scale this one for me; if it doesn’t sell, that's where it'll go.

Colt #CT206 Tear-drop Jack $20. $25. New in fitted box, no sleeve. Spear and pen blades, half stops, strong snap on both. Coined pivot-end bolsters,
"pinched" rear bolsters. Really nice Dark molasses-toned bone stag scales. Imported.

014.jpg

Colt #CT207 Swayback Whittler $20. $25. New in fitted box, with white cardboard outer sleeve. Called a "Swayback", but the handle shape is more
of a "Dogleg" shape in my opinion. Clip and two pen blades, half stops, strong snap on all three. Rub marks on the main blade from the smaller blades.
Really nice honey-amber-toned bone stag scales – mark side scale is slightly darker than the pile side scale. "Pinched" and coined bolsters. Also
has a small baggie with a cotton polishing cloth. Imported. These Colt patterns are amazing for the money.

Imperial fishing knife $20. SPF to Wildog007Carried & used; no box. Neat old two-bladed, shell-handled Imperial knife for fishermen, along the lines
of the toothpick pattern. Long thin carbon steel clip blade & combination fish scaler/bottle opener/hook disgorger. Blades have a dark patina. Celluloid
foil scales, round shield has a crown stamped on it.

016.jpg

Remington (Camillus) #9501 Large Stockman $18. $20. (traded to silenthunterstudios)Carried & used; no box. This thing is a tank: 4-1/4" closed,
clip, spay and sheepfoot blades. Basically, it's identical in size and shape to the Buck 307 "Wrangler" stockman pattern that Camillus made for Buck for a
few years. Green & yellow Delrin scales, REMINGTON shield, strong snap on all three blades. According to Phil Gibbs here, this model has 0170-6 blade
steel (aka "Carbon V"). Main blade has a funky patina pattern on it from being stuck in an onion. (I had made a bet that the blades were
stainless. I lost.)

Remington (Camillus) #R4 Camp knife $55. $60. (traded to silenthunterstudios) Carried & used, but hardly shows it; box isn't in very good shape,
was mildewed at one time - I don't keep the knife in the box. Larger & heftier than standard four-blade Camp knife patterns; the saw blade on this one
is very effective. I have a Camillus C-4 (similar knife, identical saw) and I tested the saw on that one. 3-1/2" closed. Jigged brown Delrin scales. Good
snap on all blades.

023.jpg

U.S. Schrade 104OT "Minuteman" Pen knife $13. $15. (sold to bwperdue) New & unused, in original retail blister pack. Carbon steel blades, brown
sawcut Delrin scales. Some dis-coloration (rust?) on the "M" on the OLD TIMER shield. Package is pretty beat up, with price tag residue still on it.

U.S. Schrade 44OT "Workmate" - $65. $70. (Sold to Planterz) Looks almost new; not carried or used by me; no box. Edges look to be factory edges. 3-1/4" closed. Basically, a 34OT small Stockman (clip, spay, sheepfoot) with an extra hawkbill blade; sawcut brown Delrin scales, OLD TIMER shield. Bought a
couple years ago, looked at a few times, then put away. Pretty much new, with some small spots on the blades, and a few storage scuffs
from sitting in the storage box.

028.jpg

~Chris

Last edited:
Craftsman [Camillus] #95043 Utility/Camp knife $30. (Traded to Silenthunterstudios) Used, in excellent condition; no box. This one has a different blade configuration than the regular U/C pocket knives: has a clip point main blade, and a pen blade instead of an awl. Carbon steel blades, Black saw-cut delrin
scales, rectangular "Sears CRAFTSMAN" shield. Good snap on all blades.

Camillus Rigger's knife $27. SPF to sitflyer Carried but unused; no box. Factory edge, some scuffs from storage. Very stout knife: 1/8" thick main
sheepfoot blade, marlin spike for rope & knot work. Very strong springs. Brown jigged delrin scales.

039.jpg

Aitor "Gran Capitan" Utility knife $27. $30. New & unused, box included. Made in Spain. Some scuffs from storage, but pretty much unused. This thing
is a "SAK on steroids", to quote the member I bought it from. Very cool, well-made knife, good snap on blade, tool & corkscrew. Orange scales, but I
don't know the material. When I do see these occasionally for sale, the silver emblem on the scale is usually nearly worn off or completely
obliterated. I've made an effort to keep the emblem on this one intact.

M. Klein & Sons Electrician's knife $12. $15 Used & sharpened. Carbon steel blades, I think the scales are bakelite. According to LG4, this brand was
made by Utica. The letter code on Klein knives started in 1962, so this one was made well before then. Someone (I assume a previous owner) vibro-
penciled their name - "CW Black" and "Calvin Black" on the scales. Good snap on both blades.

038.jpg

~Chris

Last edited:
I'll take the Imperial fishing knife please. Please send PayPal info. Thanks.

My fault. Just saw the money order only. Please send your address.

Last edited:
Notes made in the OP; I'll be back in the morning and I'll email those that I need to.

Thanks Guys! Have a great Memorial Day!

~Chris

I'll take the wharncliffe copperlock if it is still available. PM to follow. - Ed J

TLARbb - another member has dibs on the Copperlock. You're in line for seconds.

He & I have been communicating through PM since yesterday, and I forgot to change the post to reflect this. Sorry about that.

~Chris

Dibs on the large Remington/Camillus stockman!

My, my, no paypal huh? Well I have to withdraw too then, I only trust transactions with paypal ;)

If you change your mind I'd still love to buy that Remington stockman from ya! Shoot me an email if you do.

Last edited:
I understand the concern over the PayPal thing. Just so everyone knows, I don't cash any money order until the knife is received on the other end and the recipient is happy with everything. If there's an issue, I'll just send the money order back. (I've never had an issue where I've had to reverse a trade or had a knife sent back.)

If I've had a good transaction with a member already, and they're trading for, or buying something else I have up, I'll usually just ship the knife once I know the money order is in route.

Add to that the fact that I have 38 positive feedbacks, and I think it's safe to say that you can trust me. (I say that with my best beady-eyed, car-salesman sneer. :D )

The Remington Stockman is quite a tank, believe me. I have a Case Stockman of the same size that I'm more attached to, so I'll let the Camillus go to a new home if someone wants it.

~Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back