Price of used Sure*Fire flashlight?

I've been a MagLite user for years. Can anyone give me some advice on what a reasonable asking price would be for a Sure*Fire 6P flashlight (used, but like-new condition) with a matching leather holster? And, is the Sure*Fire as good as its press?
smile.gif

------------------
Holger :c{{{<
AKTI Member No: A001324
CKG-F
-----------------------
www.cockroachfarm.com

I personally would pay about 20 to 30 for it depending. You can get a new E2 for about 55. The E2 is smaller, and has a clip.

To me Surefire are the top of the line as far as flashlights go, but they aren't cheap. If someone knows of better light, please let us know.

Brock

------------------
led site and flashlight site

Brock,
I know they're not "high tech" anymore, but you send me all the used but "like new" 6P's you can find and I'll buy every one of them for $20.00. I respect you a lot but just go out there and try to buy ANY Surefire, "LIKE NEW" for $20.00-$30.00. The E2's are wonderful but they're still $55.00. I know we live in a "ah-what's $20.00 world" but I don't think you're going to find many even ancient 6P's for $20-$30. Maybe from a friend.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gene:
....send me all the used but "like new" 6P's you can find and I'll buy every one of them for $20.00....</font>

...and I'll buy the ones that Gene doesn't have room for!
wink.gif

------------------
Holger :c{{{&lt;
AKTI Member No: A001324
CKG-F
-----------------------
www.cockroachfarm.com

I got my E2 a week ago from Arizona Gun Runners for $49.00. Battery pack/light for $35.00 (12 Duracells). Spare 8x battery for $12! Check them out. The E2 price was a sale, but they still may be having it (?). (I heard about it on this forum and bought it.)

Nice light, too. Whiter (bluish) than my 8x, but the 8x has a bit more range (yellowishness could be the year old lamp assembly in it too). My old 8x batteries are probably kinda weak from some overcharging or overusing as well. I might get a smartcharger soon to cure this.

Still, if you really can't afford a SureFire, try the Streamlight Scorpion. Comes with 2 batteries and a spare bulb. Bulbs run about 5 bucks at most (compared to SureFire's $9 to $18 dollars), and the Scorpion can be found as low as $33.00. Beam is about as bright as a small SureFire but not as "perfect," which is okay for a non-perfectionist! The rubber cover does wear out over time, but mine is five years old and still quite usable. I'll need to replace it within the next year or so due to cracking around the endbutton.

If you are dirt poor, get a LumiLite "Z-Lite." About five bucks, 2AA krypton bulb and very sturdy. About as bright as a 2C MagLite, without the price or bulk. Also rubber covered. I have to mention LumiLites because I have a LumiLite fetish. Sorry, but I can be real cheap as well as appreciating SureFire perfection and Streamlight cheaper okayishness!

Illuminatingly yers,

Karl

Ummmm... $20~$30 sounds highly reasonable. Check O-rings and lamp housing for wear and tear.. Will be an added bonus if you have a tailcap lockout piece with the 6Ps!
wink.gif

Sam

------------------
have spydies
will travel...
AKTI Member #A001148

Back