printable cold steel templates

Just wondering if anyone here knows where you could get a hold of printable cod steel templates for fixed blades

Ive been wanting to get my hands on a cold steel scimitar spike but don't want to chuck out 100 for it. I figured carving it out of a bigger knife would save me the hassle.

Just wondering if anyone here knows where you could get a hold of printable cod steel templates for fixed blades

You won't get a lot of warm fuzzies here trying to rip off someone's IP because you don't want to pay full price. Make your own design on that bigger knife you want to carve on and go for it, it's fun and the end result is more satisfying.

Hi,
They're called pictures.
  • Making knife templates 101
  • get yourself a knife picture of knife from knife seller website
    for example
    53SS.jpg
  • get knife dimensions from description , ex
    Blade Length: 4-3/8"
    Overall Length: 8-1/8"
  • Get yourself a copy of GimPhoto or GIMP portable
  • open image in gimphoto
  • click on the measure tool , change units to inches, and measure the knife
  • then resize image with Alt+Image , Scale Image , ... change it from 20 inches width to 8inches
  • then measure the knife size again ... after a few tries you'll get to image Width 7.486 inches, which gives you 8.15inch overall length, which is close enough
  • undo all the image resizes you did , or close without saving and open image again
  • then Alt+File, Print size , ... and change it from 20 to Width 7.486 inches
  • then Alt+File, Print , and walk over to your printer, and pick up your knife template

You won't get a lot of warm fuzzies here trying to rip off someone's IP because you don't want to pay full price. Make your own design on that bigger knife you want to carve on and go for it, it's fun and the end result is more satisfying.
Hi,
In America Fair use is never infringement , and infringement is distinct from rip-off by definition

I don't have any intention of ripping off of cold steel, I just wanted a chance to have a product no longer in production as a part of my collection. Sorry if you were lead to believe otherwise, didn't mean to cause trouble.

Back