private messages

They are what is now called a conversation, I think you can open it to others if you list their usernames or keep it private.

Do you mean to say I cannot message another member on here without paid membership? How is one supposed to make a knife transaction without a paid membership? Are paid members not allowed to purchase knives that are for sale?

Do you mean to say I cannot message another member on here without paid membership? How is one supposed to make a knife transaction without a paid membership? Are paid members not allowed to purchase knives that are for sale?

You have the ability to leave public visitor’s messages on members’ profiles, or you can post your email address in a comment on the sales thread for a seller to contact you through. You can buy anything you want without needing any fancy membership, but simple privacy is limited to those who support the site.

You can absolutely buy from a member, but you would have to post your email (for example) in their sales thread. You can go back and edit it out later. You cannot sell without a paid membership.

You can post in the sales thread, or leave a message on the sellers profile...or buy a paid membership that allows PMs.

DO NOT post your email in a thread as anyone browsing the internet can view the thread and snag your email. Better to post it as a Profile Post. You must have a Bladeforums account to view a members profile so it is at least semi private. You can always edit your email out after private contact has been made.

Upgrading to a paid membership is the best way to utilize the Exchange and it is quite inexpensive. Only $10 a year gets a Basic Membership.

Editing the email address out once contact is made leaves the email address up for a matter of hours at worst, and minutes as best. But yeah, a basic membership is easier.

Back