Probably a stupid question but here goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any plans for a licensed XM-18? I'd love a 3" wharncliffe but the full price version's impossible for me, and I'd probably be too afraid to carry a knife that expensive anyway. I suspect not, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I believe there will be a Zero Tolerance Wharnie coming out at some point, but you really don't need to be concerned about carrying the real thing. They are crazy overbuilt. Odds are you aren't going to hurt it even with everyday use. On top of that, Rick Hinderer Knives has a top notch warranty and awesome customer service.

Hinderer did a collaboration of XM-18 3.5" with Zero Tolerance called 0562 & 0562CF ($200-$240) so hopefully we'll see the 3" at some point as well.

Are there any plans for a licensed XM-18? I'd love a 3" wharncliffe but the full price version's impossible for me, and I'd probably be too afraid to carry a knife that expensive anyway. I suspect not, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Best bet is to save the money and get the real thing. You'll see the 3 inch Wharnclife xm18 on the secondary market between $325-$425 for a basic model.

Most Hinderers are meant for use. Unless you're paying $1000 or more or tricking them out with expensive assecorries use them and you'll be rewarded.

Mike

I'm not worried about hurting the knife; I'm worried about loss. After having a Merlin and a Salt disappear on me while being carried, and nearly losing a PPT, I'm not comfortable carrying expensive knives. Most of my upper-cost knives are sitting either waiting to be sold or traded off. While the handle isn't quite right, it looks like I could have a Thermite reground and get most of what I'm looking for for around the $50 mark, which is about where most of my EDC knives are price-wise.

50$ hinderer zt has that covered.dont go strider they sux I have tried for times allmost 2000$ all trade cause they straight up sux.not even a box for 500$ my wife works a Burberry they even give a box for a 500$ belt.strider sux get a 3inch xm any blade you cant go wrong

50$ hinderer zt has that covered.dont go strider they sux I have tried for times allmost 2000$ all trade cause they straight up sux.not even a box for 500$ my wife works a Burberry they even give a box for a 500$ belt.strider sux get a 3inch xm any blade you cant go wrong

What did I just read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back