1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Production M390 - Expectation vs Reality?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Cosmodragoon, Jun 11, 2019.

1. BigKurtHaze

BigKurtHaze

Aug 2, 2015
    Hopefully just the ones that are marked as something other than 3V.

Hopefully.

2. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    The modern traditional series is a fantastic idea that's been well executed. Every interaction I've seen you have or had with you has been highly professional even when I screwed up on an order. I'm sincerely hoping this nonsense doesn't have any long term effect on your well being or your business.

bikerector, palonej, AntDog and 7 others like this.
  3. Insipid Moniker

Feb 28, 2011
    Most of the time? Probably? I'd say with BRKT at this point it's a matter of you pays your money and takes your chances.

4. redw0lf

redw0lf

Jun 27, 2019
    I have , which lead me to the lionsteel m4 as my decision. Are there some known issues with barkrivers?

5. redw0lf

redw0lf

Jun 27, 2019
    Are you saying products marked as 3v are known to be something else?

6. Insipid Moniker

Feb 28, 2011
    Yup. Happened at least twice, that we know of.

Probably an accidental mislabeling, but not something that inspires much confidence.

7. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Apr 25, 2000
    I would prefer that this thread doesn't get derailed with Bark River, why don't you start your own thread in GKD, you will get plenty of opinions and answers to your questions.

8. redw0lf

redw0lf

Jun 27, 2019
    damn, thats annoying

9. redw0lf

redw0lf

Jun 27, 2019
    Thanks, no more on this in here.

Boru13 likes this.
  10. Batmanacw

Batmanacw

Mar 28, 2018
    Your attitude on the situation is commendable. I can't imagine what this debacle has cost you in sales of knives that were never defective. We can discuss the difference between 59 and 61 rc, but the steel doesn't become junk at 59 rc and the knives are quality.

That Barlow Lionsteel is back on the list. I hope that's true for lots of others.

11. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Mike, I appreciate you coming here and taking the time that you did to address the concerns that were brought up here. You did so with a thoroughness and precision that your accuser couldn't be bothered to match. I won't speculate as to the character of the individual in question but I think the statements made speak for themselves.

My condolences to you and your family, I hope there is some good news in the not so distant future. The fact that you were willing to take the time to tackle this nonsense amidst your family tragedy speaks to the character that many, if not most, of us know you to possess. Please keep up the great work and know that my thoughts are with you and your family.

Reynolds93, austonh, Yo Mama and 10 others like this.
  12. HappyDaddy

HappyDaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Late to the thread. Can someone catch me up?:D

orangejoe35, jux t and Lesknife like this.
  13. Banter 247

Banter 247

Feb 22, 2019
    By this point, I think we’re unanimous in agreeing that the testing group (which includes me) needs to be more responsible verifying and privately reporting low outlier hits, and there is still disagreement about where people would like to see M390/20CV/204P delivered in terms of hardness. We also agree that you seem to be happy, daddy.

bikerector, palonej, Pomsbz and 4 others like this.
  14. cistercian

cistercian

Apr 22, 2015
    I am very sorry for your misfortune. You and your family are in my prayers.

15. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    The only thing I can add to this discussion is that I have three of Mike's @knifeswapper SFO knives in M390, and they certainly behave as if they are the specified RC. I would not hesitate to buy another.

Mike - Best wishes for you and your family in these difficult times.

steff27, palonej and r8shell like this.
  16. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    @knifeswapper - Mike, I’m sorry to hear you’re going through something terrible. You’ve always done right by me. I’ve bought several knives from you and will buy several more.

Smoke and prayers up from Houston - God bless.

palonej likes this.
  17. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    One warning with points for trolling.

18. YellowSwiss

YellowSwiss

Sep 28, 2015
    Proudly ordering a Lionsteel Shuffler from CK. From those I have talked to, seems Mike is an upstanding guy...and that knife has been begging to be mine for awhile now.

19. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    Amen brother. Unfortunately not everyone shows their neighbor respect, especially under the cloak of anonymity.

20. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I love hearing about the extra care/rigor peters takes to ensure their equipment is up to snuff. The lab I run is more of a high output lab, in a fuzzier field, so we don't perform nearly that level of scrutiny on our equipment, but we know the limits of the the data's reliability and what we should do with it. When we need to "go after someone", you get your "A" game on and act like an analytical lab that performs to ISO, AOAC, FDA BAM or some other higher level of standard.

I hope this works out as best as possible Mike, but more importantly that there is good progress in the healing in your more important personal circumstance.

palonej likes this.