Professional help?

How many knife addicts are out there? Are you addicted?

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Needs Knife Now!

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
Hi guys, I've been into knives ever since I learned to use them to eat with, so let's just say that's a very long time. I own over a hundred blades or so, and recently purchased a relatively ambiguous knife made by Case, called a Mid-Folding Hunter with "Kicksart" assisted action. I opted for the Black Micarta version. Now, I have a good cross section of knives, including both assisted and automatic actions.
So anyway, here's my problem...I...can't seem to put it down. If I get undressed at night, I'll go to work on my computer and it will call to me. I've actually pulled it out, just to flick it. Has it finally happened? Am I losing it completely or do other people occasionally get this disorder? Should I next proceed to the local emergency room, or is there a special place for "Knife Anxiety Disorder"??? Please, your all educated in knifology, can you give a Brother a little guidance here? (flicks knife again)
This is not a disabling disease luckily, as I can flick with on hand(flicks knife again) while typing with the other. I've learned to abstain while getting the mail. Postal workers look at you funny if you flick a knife(flicks knife again)in front of them. Also in stores and etc. and so far I've managed. Please advise, should I go to knife rehab?

no. dont have what you're describing, which I'm calling an ocd/opening and closing disorder.

have no interest in flicking open and closing knives, unless I use them. now carrying a knife I have that sickness. dont like to not have one. even to the point I dont travel to certain places unless I have to.

sometimes I carry more than one. depending on where I'm going and what I'll be doing. sometimes dont even need any of them but I still have them. so I have that disorder.

I'm not a psychiatrist, nor do I play one on TV...

I wake up sometimes in the night, flip/flick one of my knives open, close it, go back to sleep.

I'm waiting on the day science advanced to where I can have retractable claws installed where my fingernails are.

I won't admit to being a knife addict. Nope.... For me, it often is about boredom and since I like knives, they satisfy the urge to get something interesting. I don't play flicking knives..... Oh, I did that the first time I got a AO and flipper, but it wears off. It will wear off with you too J Jim_Archibald . You need to look for a deeper reason for considering yourself a knife addict.

In my case, I feel the urge to get something that interests me and knives interest me. Shopping at Walmart doesn't fill the need.

I like knives a lot. I’ve carried one every day everywhere since I was 6.

I don’t have a need to fondle flick or spin knives. I also don’t bounce my leg when I sit down. Or other nervous ticks.

If you can’t sit still without fidgeting you need to relax cut out the caffeine and calm down.

I knife is not a fidget spinner.

Your on and a member of a website that is only about knives!!! That in itself to most people is a little weird lol! Not to me of course as i pay annually to be a gold member of said knife site! Lol. So yeah we’re only gonna be bad advice, I think u should buy another knife while we’re talking over all our knife problem.

you are 'mirin the beauty of the knife you got , OP.If someone gave me a small bag full of pretty rocks I would probly do the same, enjoy your knife.:)

You are lucky that the knife is assisted.
I am currently in honeymoon with a slip joint.
So I cannot type, while I play with the knife in my office.
This is a problem.

Are you addicted ?
Nah . . .
I can quit any time I like.
In fact I have quit. I bought all the knives I could possibly want this year.
Then I bought a CRK 21 Macassar to top it off !
Done !
Well there was that Case Trapper in White Sparxx (but I had to get the one with the black shield to go with the one I have with the red shield. That goes without saying right ? Just makes sense to have both).

And the Cold Steel Counter Point One. That was missing from my collection but is in pocket and carried today so that's all taken care of now.

No not going to buy any more knives; my Sebenza was the last one.

PS : I voted "Yes". I didn't want the one or two of you that are . . . actually . . . addicted to feel all alone.

Don't have an addictive personality.
I buy and own more knives than I need having just bought a new one today but I can go months without buying a new one if nothing appeals to me at the moment, and I don't sell knives to afford new ones.

some times I pull my slipjoint out of my pocket and fondle it but don't fidget with it, much rather roll a hotwheels across a table like a 6 year old :D

Last edited:
Knife fidgeting is preferable to steel balls ala Captain Queeg. Enjoy the toy. Life is short. Butterflies and OTF auto’s are also therapeutic.

Back