Progress Report/Smoke Request

Hey EVeryone!

Sorry if I've been a bit aloof, but a bit has been happening in my life. Much of it isn't so good, but some is and there is always tremendous hope. :)

Basically, my cancer has progressed in such a way that it's been really making itself a nuisance. It has caused considerable nerve damage, rendering me paraplegic (I can't use my legs at all). There's also just quite a bit of pain, but that's no big deal. Of real concern is that it's now moved into some soft tissue organs as well, meaning it is no longer confined to just bones. This nixes several systemic treatments we had been examining. So last Friday, and presumably every Friday until we find out how it's working, I'll be going in for the relatively experimental use of a well-known Chemo drug called Erbitux. A case in Germany showed that they used it on a woman with my disease in a similar level of advancement (considerable), and it slowed the disease, actually shrinking a lot of it!

I guess I'm just praying this stuff will work so I can get back to school, back to my life, and simply keep on living! I am one who truly loves life and just can't seem to get enough of it! I had my 21st Birthday on Tuesday, and I want it to be just another of many more to come! Life in a motorized wheelchair will take some getting-used-to, but as long as I'm still alive and (figuratively ;) ) kickin', it's all still good.

I guess I just wanted to explain what's up with me, let you all know that I've taken a few blows but am still fighting, and to ask for a little extra smoke and prayer in the time ahead. Beyond this chemo, there really aren't that many great options. I just hope it slows it down enough for science to catch up and deliver that elusive "cure." Let's all just keep our fingers crossed.

Thank you all, again, for your great support in tough times. It's always good to know that a large network of good people wielding huge curved knives has your back! So, if I may again be so bold, I'd ask for a little extra smoke and prayer--an extra wish of good luck and good will or however you choose to cast a kind thought my way. I've got a lot of life left in me, and I will fight with all I have, but your support always brings me joy and strength to push just a little harder.

Thanks again, everyone, and all my best wishes to you and yours. Live well, and always celebrate the good. :)

By the way, I did mention that I'm now 21, so...

...CHEERS!!!

Chris

burningincense1.jpg
prwhbl2-.gif

Continuous electronic smoke and prayers for you, Chris...
Keep on, keeping on.:thumbup:

You have my prayers for peace and strength.
Let's hope that Erbitux racks up another success, for you!

More of the same from Kat and I in WV! :thumbup:

Chris, I say a prayer for you every day. You're one of the strongest people that I know.
Steve

Smoke sent from New York,Fingers and toes crossed.
Give 'er Hell, Namaarie.......never give in or give up.
Love and Hope are the stuff that make Miracles happen.

Smoke and prayers for you, Chris. With every fiber of my being. God bless ya, and count on a glass raised in your honor this evening. 21? Already? It just seemed like yesterday that you were heading off to college.

You are loved here, friend. Give us an update often, or ask what you need of us. It will be done:thumbup:

You have true courage, and my respect, Chris.

Incense tonight for you and your fight.

'Fortune favors the brave.'

Mike

Continue smoke and prayers from Reno

Back