Photos Project- Weaving a Stitch in Ti (hand engraved and ano'd Borka Stitch)

That turned out pretty damn cool! I honestly preferred it without the anodizing but that's solely personal preference. You crushed the anodizing just the same.

My hat is off to you sir!
Thanks! I actually really liked it with just the gold borders, but if the customer wants a Fabergé Egg that's what they get😎

Resized_20220119_115132.jpeg
Resized_20220119_170243.jpeg

That is some unbelievable work. I love the way the color pops.

If it's not a trade secret, can you explain how you were able to anodize only a certain parts? I've only used a butane torch on my titanium parts, so I have no idea how something like electric anodizing works or how you would mask off certain parts.

That is some unbelievable work. I love the way the color pops.

If it's not a trade secret, can you explain how you were able to anodize only a certain parts? I've only used a butane torch on my titanium parts, so I have no idea how something like electric anodizing works or how you would mask off certain parts.
With stuff like this it's not so much a matter of masking, rather only letting the parts you want anodized get wet. Instead of dipping the piece in a bath with a stainless cathode I use a "magic wand kinda brush" I built to apply the electrolyte only where I want it.

Wow I’m late to the party on this !
Absolutely incredible work and excellent documentation as well. I’m about to send a dozen likes your way.

I’m not trying to be too nosy but approximately how many hours do you have in a job like this? If you prefer not to answer I completely understand.

Wow I’m late to the party on this !
Absolutely incredible work and excellent documentation as well. I’m about to send a dozen likes your way.

I’m not trying to be too nosy but approximately how many hours do you have in a job like this? If you prefer not to answer I completely understand.
This one wound up being a little over a hundred hours, spread over the last month.

Back