1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Recommendation? Protech SNG or TR-3?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Therom, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    Hello

i haven’t found any comparison between the Protech TR3 and SNG

How do they compare, which one do you prefer?

i already have a protech SBR and a Godson as well as a Microtech LUDT

i like the size and construction of the LUDT and I would like to get something similar from protech

i will use they for light to medium EDC

2. Owen K.

Owen K. Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2016
    I'd go for the tr3. I have a manual version and love it. I avoid the sng, along with the burger drama. Good luck with your descision. Cheers!

Therom likes this.
  3. JAB

JAB Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2005
    I don’t have a Protech SnG but have had the Strider version and never really found the grip to be all that comfy.

The TR-3 is very close to the LUDT and I actually think it’s ergos are better.

0975EEB5-E1CB-4945-88A6-261BE926CD6D.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    Edgeoflife, AntDog and Therom like this.
  4. Roy Batty

Roy Batty Y'all can sling load DEEZ NUTS Platinum Member

May 25, 2016
    I don’t care for the ergos of striders, but the TR-3 is a pretty sweet EDC knife.

5. rpn

rpn

Mar 17, 2008
    I have both and like both a great deal. Lately, the SNG is getting more carry time...maybe because it's new. I got a version with green micarta and it is sweet.

6stringrazor and Therom like this.
  6. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
    I have a Protech Strider and while its a nice knife and a way to try a Strider design it doesn't get carried often. Personally i don't care for the handle or ergos, the way it carries, or the sub 3” cutting edge considering the overall length. I do own a LUDT which i like much more and as illustrated above the TR3 is pretty comparable.
    30FBDEB5-7780-412A-85B3-48C289420617.jpeg

Therom likes this.