Prototype Mini AFCK

ryanh121

Gold Member
Hey guys. I thought you might find this interesting. I picked this up at a gun and knife show years ago.

DE1C6A3E-CFC4-48D6-A396-2401ED348079_zpsnypwto1k.jpg

62CFF8DB-B66F-4B09-B348-4D3DF3C4135A_zps0ldcgq86.jpg

That is pretty dang cool. It's always cool, when a guy "finds something at a gun show" and posts here, and it's actually not a fake. LOL. Very nice find, thanks for sharing.

I remember conversing with the guy for a while, before I bought that knife. It may have been in 2006, not all that long after Katrina hit. I'm in New Orleans and remember it well. He was an older gentleman and was readying for retirement. He said he used to work for Benchmade and designed a few knives, before opening his own knife shop / store. He had closed his shop in Texas, sold his house, and bought a motor-home to retire in Florida. He had, at the time, if I recall correctly, survived cancer. He was trying to liquidate the remaining inventory. He had some nice pieces. I remember that was my first look at a ZT 302. Usually, they only have cheap crap knives at the gun shows here. This guy had some nice stuff. It was at the end of the show on Sunday. He had hardly sold anything. I felt bad for the guy and bought that knife. I wasn't really a serious knife guy at the time, more of a gun guy. Little did I know the addiction would kick in full blast. Today I'm carrying a Gold Class 940. LOL.

Ryan, it's kind of funny how perspectives change isn't it? Funny how you once thought that 60 or 80 bucks was a ton of money for a blade, and then it wasn't anything. Then, when that very knife that had lost it's luster to speak, got hard to come by, it became more valuable than ever. I think it's in the "top 5" thread, that somebody said it best. They were talking about the AFCK family, particularly the ones with the Axis lock. BM could rule the world, if they would bring this family back, and offer some cool steels in it. Just some random thoughts. Cool knife, and cool story. You got lucky on that one man. Seriously jealous.

Back