• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Pry knife request

Hello,

I can't find exactly what I'm looking for after years of shopping and trying different models.

First, I'll explain the primary role that I need it to fill: prying doors open. I'm an explosive breacher on a local swat team and need something I can keep on my vest to help get doors open that didn't have completely successful breaches.

I have the Tops mini pry knife, but it's way too thick to get between a typical door and jamb. It's sheath is also severely lacking. I looked at the full sized pry knife which is thinner, but I'm still not sure it will be thin enough to get between a door and jamb.

Basically, the general profile of the full size pry knife, with the shorter length of the mini pry knife...and thinner than both. The heaviest task this would see would be prying a metal door with a metal frame. I'd like a sharpened edge so I can still use it for cutting purposes, but it doesn't have to be anything super sharp.

I'll also need it to have a kydex sheath which can fairly easily be mounted onto molle webbing. I'm not too particular about handle material as long as it's fairly subdued. Paracord won't work because I can't have anything that will hold moisture.

Please let me know if you'd be willing to make it for me. Word of mouth travels fast in my line of work and I'm sure many others would be interested once they see it.

Thanks!

Hello,

I can't find exactly what I'm looking for after years of shopping and trying different models.

First, I'll explain the primary role that I need it to fill: prying doors open. I'm an explosive breacher on a local swat team and need something I can keep on my vest to help get doors open that didn't have completely successful breaches.

I have the Tops mini pry knife, but it's way too thick to get between a typical door and jamb. It's sheath is also severely lacking. I looked at the full sized pry knife which is thinner, but I'm still not sure it will be thin enough to get between a door and jamb.

Basically, the general profile of the full size pry knife, with the shorter length of the mini pry knife...and thinner than both. The heaviest task this would see would be prying a metal door with a metal frame. I'd like a sharpened edge so I can still use it for cutting purposes, but it doesn't have to be anything super sharp.

I'll also need it to have a kydex sheath which can fairly easily be mounted onto molle webbing. I'm not too particular about handle material as long as it's fairly subdued. Paracord won't work because I can't have anything that will hold moisture.

Please let me know if you'd be willing to make it for me. Word of mouth travels fast in my line of work and I'm sure many others would be interested once they see it.

Thanks!
Contact Daniel Fairly (DFK / Daniel Fairly Knives ) He just made something like what you are looking for.He called it the S7 Steel Breacher
https://www.instagram.com/danielfairly/

I haven't been able to get Mr. Fairly to answer any contacts so if there's anyone here who would be willing to make something like this I would greatly appreciate it.

Back