Psp/p7

Mr. Caracci;

In an earlier thread (Hangun choices???) you made the following statement:

...but if it were all land based (VIP, HRT etc.) I would and do carry the HK P7, although mine are the PSP versions...

Three questions...

Do you prefer the PSP version? If yes, why?

What is your normal method/position of carry?

What type/amount of ammunition do you normally carry?

Thank you in advance.

I prefer this weapon over the American version primarily becouse of the magazine release. I may carry my weapon in a unique manner at times and the American mag. release gets in my way.

What caliber is the P7?
What does PSP mean? What would the American version of this gun be designated as?

Here is a link
www.hkp7.com

Most of the information is cross referenced with hkpro.com I believe. Give it a look as it will answer you questions. But here you go...
It is a 9mm..
"Police Service Pistol"- I believe, but again check the link. Hope this helps.
Peter

Way back when it was first described in American gun magazines, it was called the "Pneumatic Squeeze Pistol!" No, I don't know where they got the "pneumatic" from.

I believe the correct (German) name is "Polizei Selbtsladen Pistole," or "police self-loading pistol."

I've fired a friend's P7, and it is a sweet shooter, with a nice low bore line for reduced muzzle upflip.

Karl

I was just wondering why CJ did not consider the P7 to be suitable for marine environments....is is more susceptible to corrosion, etc., than Glocks?

This weapon is built like a Swiss watch. It wouldn't take much to jam it up. Actually all of the rifles with the roller locking system would and have reacted the same way when swam.

Hk pro

A great reference guide to any Hk under the sun. The P7 series are on the bottom, even a pic of the P7M7 rare .45acp.

I love the P7M8. I have had the Mag pop free at times in the waist band with certain holsters. The only other problem I had was a sear breaking. This happened after I came back from the range from shooting. Befre putting it away, I dry fired it & snap. Gun was down for good. It was unable to squeeze cock. Don't know if the Black-T coating I had put on effected it? It was done by the man Walter Birdsong himself.
Hk Put a set of new guts in No problem. I asked Hk If that was a common problem. They said it was a freak thing and do not encounter that. The P7M8 or PSP are a great conceal carry gun.

Back