PUBLIC BETA of new Subscription System Q&A thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
We've gone live with the new subscription system, and it can be accessed through your User CP -> Paid Subscriptions.

During the duration of the beta test, subscriptions for Gold members will be $25 for a year, $5 off for your patience and bravery. :D

If you have any questions, or problems, please post them here, not elsewhere on the website. I'll do my best to help you out.

If you get an error about your billing address not matching what your card lists, you'll need your proper billing address for the charge to go through. Non US customers will most likely not be able to use this system at all and will have to use the current system for their membership upgrades.

DO NOT FILL IN ANYTHING IN THE CUSTOMER ID FIELD. THE SOFTWARE KNOWS YOUR USERNAME ALREADY.

If you try this system and encounter a problem, make a post here. I will need to know your LAST NAME, DATE OF ATTEMPT, and LAST FOUR of your credit card. DO NOT PUT YOUR FULL CREDIT CARD NUMBER IN THIS THREAD..

Thanks for your patience and support.

You can try it if you'd like. I'll just have to manually alter your ending date afterwards. That's no problem.

No luck, got stuck on the AVS part - like you said :mad:

Ordered the old way: Order Number: 43918

Thanks,
NV

Spark, I ordered my Gold membership renewal on June 27th (order number 43821). I was hoping for the renewal to go into effect today (my current one will expire tonight). Any way this can be accomplished?

I looked at the automated system, but I don't want to add another $25 to the $30 I've already paid. I'm not seeking any discount, I'm happy to pay the $30.

One possible complication - I just realized that I used my yahoo email address to place the order instead of my bladeforums registered one. Do you need me to do anything further to correct this?

We don't charge you until the moment before the activation, so if you'd like to try the new system, feel free. You haven't been charged on the other order yet.

If we have to do it manually, your email address doesn't matter as much as your correct username.

Thanks! My expiration date still reads 7/1/04, but it looks like you got me covered.

Spark
I tried the new system and cannot get it to give me the option of how to pay the $25.00. The only option shown is Authorize.net. ?? I click that link and it says error.

Not sure how to renew. Help!!

You'll need to be a bit more specific. Are you following the directions exactly? At which point are you having problems? What specific error are you getting?

I clicked "paid subscriptions"

This led me to an order page. I clicked "order"

This led me to a "Select Payment Method" page. The only option shown is "Order Using Authorized.net". I want to use a credit card. However, I tried clicking the "Order Using Authorize.net" button and get an error page.... "(99)This transaction cannot be accepted."

What am I doing wrong?

Ok, there was a software upgrade and the upgrade killed the old transaction key. Try again now, should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back