Puma White Hunter

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a Puma White Hunter. I know most of these are know bought by collector's, but I am wondering how thse proform as a general purpose outdoor knife? Also, I know that the back of the blade is edged, is this edge sharp, or is it just thined out, like the false edge on a Bowie knife?

Thanks for any info.

Bob;
I have had a White Hunter for about 10 yrs. now and do you believe that I have never used it. It is still NIB and has a very nice stag handle.
The back of the blade is sharpened but is a much broader angle then the primary edge and is supposed to be used as the chopping edge. The small saw edge just in front of the guard are streight teeth like a fine hacksaw blade without a set in the teeth...VERY SHARP too.
I have heard that the White Hunter was used by some of the special forces in NAM too.
There is a new model of the white hunter now for sale. Its the White Hunter II and does not have the stag handle but has a black Kraton handle instead and retails for $139.95 where as the stag model of the White Hunter II lists for $319.95 and the regular stag White Hunter retails at $359.95 MSRP.

I think you would like it if you had one.
:cool:

In answer to your question it just a false edge, not really sharpened. I have carried the same White for just years and it has never let me down. Are you think of getting one to use or one to collect?

Hi,

Still deceiding between the stag handled version, and the wood handled version (Automesser?). Thanks for all the info!

I have owned a stag handled White Hunter for many years and have used it a lot. The stag has not shrunk. It is a very good knife I have used it mostly as a camp knife and it has performed admirally. A good, well balanced knife with a heavy and big enough blade to do chopping chores.

As you can tell I like this knife very much.

Back