Pure survival folder version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RYP et all,

Could we get a limited edition DPx Pure Survival Folder. - Pretty Please ?
1) I am thinking a nightglow orange handle (to find the darned thing when I drop it - especially in the dark)
2) High polished stainless blade for mirror like signal device (the bottle opener slot may even act like a sight window for the mirror)
3) Mr DP skull tool to be made (fully or partly) of the sparking fire starter metal to be able to make fire. If it is magnetic we could even use it for direction finding...
4) Mr DP skull tool to have the protruding fork wrench moved the left of the front blade at 45 degrees (to not get the nasty holes in my palm when I use the front bit)
5) Have a depression in the micarta handle for bow fire starting and maybe some engraved angles - ala Hood Tool

I understand the need for the HEST which is more of a SERE tool which answers the needs of our armed services and low key users. However the tool you have designed is so outstanding it makes sense for the hard core campers as well.
By the way the top and bottom notches on the blade with the hex key hole in combination with the deep hand grip contour seem to make great lashing positions for an improvised spear....

Keep up the great work !! Cant wait for my three versions to arrive - all paid for already ( I took to heart your comment about the sterile one to church..)

Cheers,

I think we should all take a breath and get our regular ones here first :cool:

Haha just kidding, I like the sound of a few variations.

But seriously...I need my folder...:thumbup:

While a glowing handle means you can see the knife, it means other things can see it too. I'm not sure that fits into a pure survival knife. I think the option is swell, but "hostile" often includes other people.

I do think the tool could be given a lot more utility, though it is pretty cool as is.

Not all of us are using a knife where "hostile" includes people as well. I think a highly visible bushcraft/survival knife is a good idea.

While a glowing handle means you can see the knife, it means other things can see it too. I'm not sure that fits into a pure survival knife. I think the option is swell, but "hostile" often includes other people.

Hey, I agree completely that the OPTION of glowing handles is great; I really could use it most of the time. Heck, i could use tritium screws on my glasses most mornings. But to some folks that glow would be a detrimental thing. Cukros is suggesting this as a limited edition (which I missed in my first reading), so I'd say it is a good idea for a sprint run, and in retrospect it was kinda stoopid of me to raise an objection. So maybe we could add a flange to help me pull my foot from my mouth? (or head out my ass)

Thanks for the support guys, I am sure the design team has thought of everything already - I had just found a great picture of different handles...
under an earlier post.
Rt-color2.jpg

I have thought of two more easy adds:
6) Make a small depression under the removable glass breaker for a water purification pill. (Or a cyanide pill for the truly harcore....)
7) Taper the end of the pocket clip to be usable as a flat head screwdriver

The neat thing is that they already have a shiny blade variant - check out the Burma pics - they have the orange handle sample - so it should be an easy Limited Edition.

* I would like to reserve the #1 in the numbered edition. ;)
(It will sit well next to the #48 LH Mr DP......I can but dream)

Cheers

Last edited:
Well you have seen the Triple Aught Design titanium skeleton key and atwood wrenches too right with all their functions?

Anywho I do think it is a cool idea. Just a few suggestions on the skull tool
1. you can use one of the eyes as a button compass
2. you can use the lip/mouth how it has a straight edge, as the replacement portion for a ferro rod insert. so basically making the mouth portion u shaped with a stud at one en and some way to twist it locked [if that makes sense, like a puzzle key almost ya know], so you can replace the ferro rod as needed.

great ideas! I designed the skull tool to be one of those little fun "tuck in your pocket" tools that comes in handy as well as being functional.

so those scales are going to be available for sale ? and yes this sounds like a great idea ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back