Push-Button Converter for Maglite AA/AAA?

Anyone know if there is such a thing and where to get them?

Thanks,
Shawn

------------------
"Paranoia is merely a heightened
sense of awareness."

-(What do you mean who said that? I don't know and if I did I wouldn't
tell YOU! Why are you looking at me like that?! Ever hear of PERSONAL
SPACE?! Step back outta my face and look at someone else!.... Is that
a reflection off a camera lens? What do you mean 'Why do I carry $100
in quarters?' Don't you know they put those tracers in the paper money?)

Track down a AA size light from Legend (now owned by Brinkmann) They have a rear push button switch w/lock-out capabilities...

--dan

Streamlight makes a 2AA model with a push button tail cap. I believe it is called a Streamlight Jr. I have one (somewhere).

Do you guys think those end caps will swap with the Maglite? I'll start looking. I love the small Maglites but one handed is almost impossible without a push button.

Thanks for the info!

Shawn

My personal opinion:

Dump the MagLite. Get yourself a better flashlight.

Here are some choices:

StreamLight Jr 2AA

jr01.jpg

Pelican Magnum Plus 2AA

2340_Magnum_Plus_2AA.jpg

Also, the Brinkmann Maxfire 2AA.

I'd go for one of the flashlights from Pelican or StreamLight. It's not as if I'm suggesting the SureFire E2, these are cheap flashlights. Treat yourself!
biggrin.gif

Al

Shawn,
the push button tail cap you want is available from deptservices.com and probably elsewhere for that matter. It is item am2a666
hope this helps. ps don't know whether the switch is momentary only or not. I'll have to find out cause i need one too.
see ya,
doug soll

dougy1,
You are da man! Thanks! I like the pics of the other flashlights as well and the prices are really tempting but I've already got the Maglite so this is an alternative. Here's the link for anyone else looking:

http://www.deptservices.com/Flashlights.htm

Listed under 'Backswitch'.

Thanks again everyone!

Shawn

fella's,
The switch is a single push and stays on until it is clicked again. they are 3.77 ea.
I would also recommend another flashlight but I'm not about to throw away my maglites. you can never have too many flashlights. My next one will be a surefire E2. All I hear is good about that light. Even though I have too many lights already!!!Gotta go order a couple backswitches. thanks for reminding me

doug

I know you can't ever have enough flashlights, but the MagLites I own are empty and stored in the shed. Atleast I think they are. I don't even count them on my inventory.

Dougy1;
Go for the E2!

Mine is on order. I'm being difficult and getting the Hard Anodise version first!
wink.gif

I hope you get your MagLite end switches. Anything to improve 'em is better than nothing!

Al

Dougy,

I wouldn't throw that maglite away either. Just get some paracord and tie a lanyard to that AA and have it as a kubotan/flashlight. Not bad when a light can multitask like that!
biggrin.gif

Hank

Al and Hank,
You will be proud of me cos I also am going to order an E2!!! Any recommendations on where to order it from? All this talk about them has got me itchin. I also will opt for the anodized model. I read somewhere the bulb life is 20 hours, is that about right?
Also, just how hot do they get after running it for say, 15 minutes? Is that too long? I deliver pizzas part time, may be just what I need to see house #s after dark!!! I'm kind of sure my wife will insist I order 1 or possibly 2. better not push it!! I'm sure after reading all the great things about them I can't go wrong. Thanks guys

doug

FB313minimag.jpg
</IMG>

I saw one at <A HREF="http://www.firequest.com./">FireQuest</A>.

They have some, uh, interesting books too.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dougy1:

Also, just how hot do they get after running it for say, 15 minutes? Is that too long? I deliver pizzas part time, may be just what I need to see house #s after dark!!!
</font>

I have the E2GM from Tim (above). It gets noticeably hot after a few minutes (constant on). I don't know how much longer before the batteries shut down due to thermal stress.

I suppose you can wear gloves too. I used it briefly one night and wore the batteries down 16%. So it could get expensive if you use this everyday delivering pizzas. I prefer the momentary switch. The light is so bright you only need it on for a second to see everything in front of you (and on top, below etc...)

I want to get another one (Does this help your decision?)

Back on Topic: I am going to get a couple of those tail-caps for the mag. Nice!!

[This message has been edited by axolotls (edited 03-21-2001).]

DL123A Thermal Shutdown....

I've tested most of the Brands. Duracell Ultra has the highest thermal threshold before shutdown.

Thermal Shutdown only occurs using the SureFire Lamp Module N62 (500Lu) in the 12PM/12ZM/SureFire Leopard & M4 (time before thermal shutdown maybe longer for the Leopard & M4 due to improved design including the addition of cooling fins)

I've used the M6 with 500Lu MN21 and never experienced thermal Shutdown.

As far as I'm aware, the N62 Lamp Module is the only one to cause this much heat to build up.

Al

[This message has been edited by Size15s (edited 03-21-2001).]

Back