Putting more of a "point" on my Necker

Hey guys,

Anyone have suggestions on how to get more of a "point" on the tip of my Necker? It barely has a pointed tip, and needs one. Thanks

I suppose you could remove some of the material along the spine, giving you a clip point Necker.

yes pick up a RAT Izula.keep your necker pure!
I know that dose not help.

yes pick up a RAT Izula.keep your necker pure!
I know that dose not help.
I second this suggestion. The BK11 is best just the way it is. Get an Izula and you'll be set. The Becker is more of a utility knife and the Izula is better suited for a last resort defensive tool. You're just going to ruin your Becker with a major blade reshaping.

Jake -- I have three quick solutions off the top of my head:

1) $180 solution - buy a Chris Reeve Professional Soldier. Already pointy, but expensive. S30V, not quite as tough? A little thicker though, and full thickness close to the tip. Nice stonewashed finish, saves us the trouble of removing coating if desired. Shackle wrench interior leaves lots of room for nice paracord wrap.
2) $60 solution - buy a Buck/Mayo neck knife. Pointier than Bk11, but S30V, so not as tough. Not as easy to wrap? Cheaper sheath.
3) $36 solution - buy another BK11, grind it to resemble BK9 tip. Basically, clip with swedge. Hmmm, might have to try that. Or grind just the clip.

Dang you, now you've got me thinking about it, and being the spendthrift that I am, I'll probably eventually end up with all three solutions. Arghh!

Seriously though, thanks for getting us thinking about it. Maybe Ethan's already working on the BK11/BK7 neck knife version, with a 4" handle and 4" blade. Hmmmmm...

I'd use a sharpie to blacken out any material I wanted removed saet it aside and look at in a day or two is it really an improvement? Redo until satisfied or decide to pass. If pleased grind away or send it out to be reground. You have been around enough to know not to heat the blade. Take it slow.

Back