• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Putting new handle scales on a ontario knife company ns9

I recently acquired a new in the box okc night stalker 9 from the ranger series it looks like a great knife very sturdy but I can't get over the handel scales.I bought some od mycarta blanks, figuring I'd try my hand at making my own custom handles ,but if it goes south any tip or ideas of where I could get some pre made? And any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated thank you all in advance.

I haven't looked in years; so I won't comment on handle options...but the stock handles are easily filed to a better shape.
20 minutes with a half round file to shape, then (later) some sanding/polishing to pretty it up a bit.
View attachment 2100781
I think I've done more since this picture; but this was the easiest image to find.

Last edited:
I haven't looked in years; so I won't comment on handle options...but the stock handles are easily filed to a better shape.
20 minutes with a half round file to shape, then (later) some sanding/polishing to pretty it up a bit.
View attachment 2100781
I think I've done more since this picture; but this was the easiest image to find.
I wish the handels on mine look so nice the handels on mine are a bright orange (UGGG!)ultimately what you have shown me is exactly what I'm shooting for thank you for sharing that with me

the handels on mine are a bright orange (UGGG!)
I've got an NS9 that I bought years ago. Now that you mention it, I remember that it was also available with orange scales.
Another option is dyeing the orange scales with RIT DyeMore.

I've got an NS9 that I bought years ago. Now that you mention it, I remember that it was also available with orange scales.
Another option is dyeing the orange scales with RIT DyeMore.
That's an awesome idea I'm going to try that first thank you so much

Back