Q on AccessCard

Ron:
Yesterday I saw the AccessCard in a knife shop and was surprised at how much I like it. It actually looks/feels more comfortable to me than the Spydercard, and I like the blade's satin (as opposed to bead-blast) finish. As well, the tiny screwdriver actually works on my glasses (so many multi-tool's small screwdrivers are too thick).

My question relates to the Arc lock. How durable is the spring, regarding repeated flexing (opening/closing) over time?

Thanks, and this is a great product, great lock, and low, low price! It's on the immediate list!
smile.gif

Jim

I was at a gun show this weekend, hoping to find an AccessCard and Spydercard and compare them side-by-side. Unfortunately, no one at all was selling AccessCards, whereas Spydercards weren't difficult to come by. I guess the Accesscards aren't all the way through the distribution channels yet. So I ended up picking up a Spydercard.

Compared to the Spydercard, was the Accesscard much thicker (counting the clip)? Did you try putting it into a wallet pocket to see how it'd feel?

Joe

Hi Guys,

We are very excited about this knife! Very beautiful and functional.

Access.gif

Jim: Regarding the spring, it is highly durable. If it wears or breaks, SOG's lifetime warranty applies. By the way, thanks for the nice comments!
smile.gif

Joe: Regarding the size, I have yet to do a side-by-side comparison. I have been using mine for a money clip in my front pocket and that has worked out for me quite well. I tried putting it in my REALLY small wallet (room for only a couple of credit cards, driver's license, and a couple other things) and found it not comfortable. Maybe a larger wallet would be better. My brother-in-law carries his in his man-purse (for lack of a better term
smile.gif
...you know that thing that has his wallet, his little daytimer, and cellphone all-in-one). He really loves it!

Ask away with any other questions!

Ron@SOG

------------------
Email: ron@sogknives.com

Joe:
The only side-by-side comparison I did was by holding the AccessCard and comparing it through the glass display case with the Spydercard. (I could be wrong) but I thought the Spydercard looked a bit larger.

I did try to stick it in my wallet, (a regular-sized leather one) and it fit in there with my ID. The only thing, I would have to remove several business cards from one side, or it will make my walled thick to close.

Ron:
Thanks for the answer to my question. One more comment I have is that the opening/closing was VERY smooth.
smile.gif

Jim

just picked one of these up and i am very pleased with it. it has a nice feel to it and has avery sharp blade. a very high quality piece

------------------
PHIL 4:13

Which on-line dealers have these?

------------------
Dennis Bible

mylogosmall.gif

Hi Dennis,

Here are a couple of links found on SOG's website. I tracked down the page which has the AccessCard on it for you.

Shoptimax: http://www.shoptimax.com/default.asp?sx=1&parent_id=SOGXXX&dept_id=SOGXXXSPO%2DC2&stat=1&page=3
Absolute Knives: http://www.absoluteknives.com/cgi/fwg.cgi?page=/index2.html&category=yes&cart_id=&code=sogknives

Of course there are many other sites as well.

Give me a call if you would like more information: 888.SOG.BEST, ext. 228.

------------------
Ron Andersen
Consumer Services Manager
SOG Specialty Knives, Inc.

Email: ron@sogknives.com

Back