Q re CRKT KFF Pro

:confused: Is this folder likely to be as weak as other single-liner designs or will the scales reinforce where, say, G10 scales won't (examples are the Spydie Military and Wegner).

Thanks in advance!

Mine feels very solid even though its got one full liner. Scale flex problems aren't an issue. The knife is lighter than it actually appears to be.

Thanks for replies. One more question: are your Pro models harder to open than your standard? My standard will flick quite readily but my Pro won't.

have both the small ones (pro and zytel) and they open about the same....

sifu

Looks like you got lucky, Sifu. My Pro is stiff as hell, even after 2 weeks of working with it.

Originally posted by eda-koppo
Looks like you got lucky, Sifu. My Pro is stiff as hell, even after 2 weeks of working with it.

I presume you already have lubed the pivot and maybe loosened the screw a bit? If not you might want to try doing these, they'll help it along.

correct dexter, thats what i did,loosened/lubed it up, but it wasnt real tight to begin with, works great now.........for my wife she confiscated it upon arrival - she called and said i had a package, told her to open it, she saw knife, the rest is history - i did get her old zytel CRKT KFF in 'trade' lol - but she really really likes it, am thinking of getting her a real crawford KFF small model for X-Mas - my wife is pretty cool, one of the first people in tx to get a CCP.

sifu

I never loosen pivots--ever. I don't feel it's safe to do so unless the blade won't move at all. I prefer to work them in and lube them. My standard KFF was decent out of the box, but with a week or so of just working it (no lube), it's glassy smooth. The Pro is stiff as all hell despite the exact same treatment.

well i dont know, i will loosen the pivot as long as-

A) ya dont loosen more than a 1/4 turn

and

B) ya dont experience any blade play/and/or sloppiness after adjustment

i havent had any probs so far........maybe i have just been lucky

sifu

Sometimes the problem is grit or metal shavings in the pivot area left in from manufacturing. In that case working the blade in and out can do more damage than improvement.

Since I'm sure disassembly voids your warranty, I suggest loosening up the pivot screw, flushing the the pivot area with solvent, then lubricating and tightening the pivot screw. If that doesn't help, send the knife back to CRKT.

I'm expecting my Pro this week. Sure seems like a lot for the money.

Roshi: It is a lot of knife for the money, that's true. I just wish they had done it double-ground as on the Standard rather than chisel-ground.

Back