1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

QCI military strong detent?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by fanucman, Jun 6, 2017.

1. fanucman

fanucman

Jan 31, 2016
    Just got a jade M4, detent is very strong, much stronger than any spyderco I've had. Will it break in? Is there something wrong with it?

2. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Nothing wrong at all. I personally like a strong detent on the Millie. Consider it a good quality of that knife!

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  3. 5-by-5

5-by-5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Men's knives aren't meant to be flicked. Oohrah

4. fanucman

fanucman

Jan 31, 2016
    It's good so it doesn't come open in my pocket, but the detent force must be 2-3x that of a new PM2. This is my first new military, my old used one has more detent than a PM2 but half as much as the new one maybe.

5. Jordan@DLT

[email protected] Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jul 22, 2014
    Mine was very tough when I first got it, same as yours. It has softened over time.

6. wire edge

wire edge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm not sure, but the new CQI features seem to have also increased the size of the detent ball. Comparing new vs old by eye seems to confirm this.

7. fanucman

fanucman

Jan 31, 2016
    It's getting better now, when I first got the knife I thought it was stuck shut :0 but now it will open relatively easily with the spyder hole. Still has a way to go but at least now I'm not afraid of cutting myself while opening it.

8. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    I never get tired of seeing that Aliens GIF in your sig. So much nostalgia.