QSP Parrot Review & Quality control issues

Here's my review. Quite disappointed really and hearing others having similar issues with QSP. Will post an updated review when more info from QSP comes in.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully not a pattern. I’ve got a QSP slipjoint and I’m quite pleased with the fit and finish at its price point.

Yeah, now that I posted this I have been hearing about a lot of issues with QSP knives. Seems like QC isn't good for this company. But seems like the ones that come out with no issues are nice knives.

So I got a third Parrot after talking with David at QSP USA and this one locks up very nice. Freaky thing getting two in a row with the same exact issue. I will post a full review here when I get a chance to do it.

I've had QC issues with a few QSP knives now, including an early Parrot. The exposed corner of the lock bar on mine was sharp enough to cut flesh. Meanwhile, the factory edge crapped out in a hurry. Yeah, I get that factory edges can be burnt or fatigued from the factory grinding. However, I'd expect it to be good enough to carry right out of the box. I got visible rolls and flattening of the edge after cutting up a few Amazon boxes to fit in the trash.

I just received one so I can't speak to anything long term but mine locks up good. Overall no complaints.

For the Price ... You get a lot of knife for your money .. ( D2 version )

I have a Penguin and haven't had any issues in the year I've been carrying it. Maybe I got a good one?;)

I acquired a Parrot in February, brand new off Amazon. No issues. I did just check the lockup and noticed that the liner lock bar is relatively thin compared to my other liner locks. It engages probably no more than 15%-20% of the blade tang ramp. I am not trusting my fingers with that and will be careful. It is a small duty knife so no heavy tasks that would jeopardize a lock failure.

On another point, while I am new to the world of Micarta, I have the red Micarta version and it feels more like plastic than Micarta. Nothing like my Kizer Horn and Ontario Rat 5 Micarta.

Back