Queen Mountain Man - Logo Removal

Ok, I'll probably cure my Queen Mountain Man desire today. I want the rootbeer jigged bone in 1095 from CKW. One thing, the "Mountain Man" etching across the blade is too much. The new etchings look much better. I want to remove this. I saw in another post where the bill board had been worn away on a 1095 MM that was being used like a knife should be. Now I can't find that post with pics anymore.

Has anybody removed this on purpose? If so how?

Now, where is my credit card. Fingers crossed on a tight FF.

Thanks,

tjg

you should be able to rub it right off with simichrome or a similar product.

I used Scotch Brite on my D2 Mountain Man to remove the logo. It did a good job. I did both sides of the blade so they'd match - the Scotch Brite takes a little of the sheen off and leaves a more satin finish. I don't know how it will work on 1095.

Ok, I'll probably cure my Queen Mountain Man desire today.

I think I said that once to...... :D

Queen-Groupshot-1.jpg

Queen-Brownbone-MM-1.jpg

Queen-ACSB-1.jpg

Thats just wrong. Just finished taxes on Turbo Tax - sweet, I owe myself a gift. :)

edited 11:43, knife ordered!

Hey Last Confederate

I do believe you might have a spot in your heart for a mountain man !!! :) :thumbup: :D

I do believe you might have a spot in your heart for a mountain man !!! :) :thumbup: :D

That almost sounds like an ad promo for "Brokeback Mountian 2" yuk yuk

Those are just the Queen made ones, throw in the Camillus made Remingtons and a few other Queen contracts like Bowen and it's getting REALLY outta hand!

That almost sounds like an ad promo for "Brokeback Mountian 2" yuk yuk

LOL :) :D I didn't even realize it sounded that way until I read it one more time..It's a good thing Amos has not read this post he would have something witty to say about the situation..

LOL :) :D I didn't even realize it sounded that way until I read it one more time..It's a good thing Amos has not read this post he would have something witty to say about the situation..

Actually, I was experiencing deja' vu! I seem to recall some postings along the above the last time TLC was showing off his MMs. :D

Has anybody removed this on purpose? If so how?

tjg

I did but it was fairly extreme case. I thinned out the edge by laying the blade flat on my stone until the secondary edge bevel was gone. That removed the logo, but not the easiest way to go about it.

I would bet that a charged leather stop would work well with less blade scratches. Just lay it as flat as possible and it will wear away.

Back