Question about a Fitch D2

In Tactical Knives many months ago (might have been the May '02 issue) there was an article about some knives Mr. Fitch was making for those going in harm's way. I think it was called a Ranger and it had a 7" blade of D2, not forged but stock removal, micarta handle possibly.

I went to the Tactical Knives Magazine website and reviewed all the back issues. The May '02 was the only one I could not find any info on. The contents were not listed. I could find no mention of it in any of the other issues.

Questions:
What was it called?
What was the price?
What issue of TK?

Thanks!

It is the "plan b" model
some are forged, some are d2
some have leather, some have nylon. John wanted to build a combat knife-we talked about it and I suggested a flat gound 7.5" utility fighter that would fit in a standard KABAR sheath. Good idea huh?

I have one :)
I wrote the article:)

They sell for somewhere areound 5-700 depending on options. I am pretty sure they are the last non-forged knives John has made.

Thanks! Answers from the author no less!!

There was one recently available but the price was more than I was willing to part with.

I've got a stock removal D2 he did with a 10" blade (JS stamp). Purchased from Les Robertson at Blade Atlanta. Les said he did two this size for him. This bowie is a user and a great cutter (flat grind, of course). I would have liked to've added the Plan B as a companion.

I like the idea of being able to use the KaBar sheath . . . great idea! Imagine replacing the KaBar with a Fitch!!! Sweet!

Back