Question about Buck LEs

Another noob question:

I just ordered a Sambar Stag Akonua (402LE) and will ultimately wall-display it. How many of you have Limited Editions from Buck, and am I correct in assuming these knives are not for use? TIA.

Several Buck Limited editions.....I buy two if I think I will use one, and the
budget (Wife) is willing.:)

I have several... I don't intend to use any of them except for maybe an 805 S30V , but I doubt it.

You will like the Akonua. I have the Kalinga in stag..... Nice. :thumbup:

The 2005 NRA 119 is probably my favorite tho...

Welcome to the Buck Forum if no one has said that yet! It is very addicting!

jhansman said:
Another noob question:

I just ordered a Sambar Stag Akonua (402LE) and will ultimately wall-display it. How many of you have Limited Editions from Buck, and am I correct in assuming these knives are not for use? TIA.
They're builtto full useable specs.. even better !
Go ahead and use it.
You can send it back to them a few years from now for a run-through in the custom shop and it'll come back as new ( unless you really screw it up)

Pack Rat said:
Welcome to the Buck Forum if no one has said that yet! It is very addicting!

Thanks for the welcome. It's not this forum I'm worried about being addicted to :D

Shoulda been born rich.....

Sorry I wasn't clear.... :cool: Of course I meant collecting Buck knives.

Don't forget the hatchets :D

Oh god, not hatchets! I've already got a half dozen knives on my wanted list. The wife is starting ask about these packages arriving almost daily. Cripes, another obsession....

jhansman said:
Oh god, not hatchets! I've already got a half dozen knives on my wanted list. The wife is starting ask about these packages arriving almost daily. Cripes, another obsession....

Welcome to the club... it gets worse.... :eek: :eek:

jhansman said:
Another noob question:

Hey NewBie...
Where did you order that from?
Goose.
BCCI 1190
LSMFT

BTW, Greetings, Earthling :)

Pack Rat said:
Welcome to the club... it gets worse.... :eek: :eek:
What do you mean? It gets better!

I kinda look at getting each Buck knife like an itch you've got to scratch...and it feels so good when you can finally reach it.... ;)

GeoThorn

Buckaholic said:
Hey NewBie...
Where did you order that from?
Goose.
BCCI 1190
LSMFT

BTW, Greetings, Earthling :)

Got it on e**y from a vendor with a 99.9% positive rating and a killer price. It's due to arrive tomorrow. Hell, I'm tempted to play hooky, but my students (yeah, I teach) would just give me a load of crap about it if I did. PM or email me and I'll point you to him, but you can prolly find him all on your own.

Must not order any more knives. Must not.....

geothorn said:
What do you mean? It gets better!

I kinda look at getting each Buck knife like an itch you've got to scratch...and it feels so good when you can finally reach it.... ;)

GeoThorn

Well, my old hobby of DVD collecting is now paying for my new one, so I guess I'm just converting assets. Yeah, that's the ticket...

Back