Question about Custom vs Production Hinderer's

Hello all,

Ive been looking at custom Hinderers out of curiosity and have been wondering what the major differences are in them? I know the blades are hand ground by Rick, but is the major selling point?
The reason I'm curious is the productions go for ~$500, yet the customs go for just south of ~$2000. Is the fact that he ground the blade equate to the huge jump in price?

Thanks for any input.

Major difference in customs and productions, but might want to check out the pinned post. Pricing discussions are not allowed here.

The customs are only offered at shows, so figure in the cost of travel and expenses while there to attend the show, plus the cost of the knife direct. The price differences aren't that bad considering all of the costs associated with getting one.
Plus they're hand ground by Rick, and fully assembled and tuned only by Rick himself.
On top of it all they're just drop dead gorgeous knives!

B4 I get destroyed by all the masses I own both .custom better hardware is already upgraded.ground by the man.but now the battle and working finishes are being offered in production.the hand ground blades by the man are far better.you can do it youreself but I can draw a PicaSso doesnt make it one.thats my last word.best knives ever.website sux though needs improvements

B4 I get destroyed by all the masses I own both .custom better hardware is already upgraded.ground by the man.but now the battle and working finishes are being offered in production.the hand ground blades by the man are far better.you can do it youreself but I can draw a PicaSso doesnt make it one.thats my last word.best knives ever.website sux though needs improvements

Finally... an accurate statement :)

Back