Question about the Beretta Airlight

Does anyone own a Beretta Airlight? I saw a Beretta knife catalog at a local gun shop and I was interested in an aluminum handled one with cut outs in the blade. Are these of good quality?

I do. Still have 2 of them. They come in 3 different sizes, I bought small and large almost 4 years ago.
For the price they are Ok knives. I haven't used
them for a long time, though. Edge holding was reasonably good, And 440C(not sure what they're using now) steel used in those folders is not difficult to sharpen at all.
The only problem I got eventually, was that on the large folder the lock became loose. I mean when the knife is opened, the blade has vertical play. The small one is still going strong, just checked out of curiosity. BTW I've carried the little one over a year, every day and used it more then the big one, still it's in a better shape.
One more thing, you can't disassemble those folders, no screws anywhere, can't even adjust the pivot, but I personally never needed to do that.
You may find aluminum handles somewhat slippery, especially if your hands are wet, oily etc.
Overall I think the smallest airlight folder was the best out of those 3. Light, very slim, and held up the best, at least in my experience.

I bought one for my birthday when they were new on the market, maybe some 7 years ago. The first generation did not have pocket clips, of which, I was unaware. Needless to say, it didn't receive much carry, due to my hatred of belt sheaths. However, like noted in the above response, the knife is not bad for the money, sharpens easily, and has great asthetics. If you want one, get it. After all, life is too short to wonder "what if?".

I have a the small model with the cut out blade. It's a neat little knife. Very thin, very light, and mine came very sharp. I think that the only grip I have is that the thing is pretty hard to open one handed because of the location of the thumb stud. Other than that, go for it.
THanks,
Matt

Back