Question Question as to why I have to purchase a Dealer's Membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone wants to be a dealer, but no one wants to be a dealer.
OGC.a96efa269419f0c65ccb1ab390ac5de3
There's no tax advantage because I/we don't have a business inventory of knives or run them through anything. There is a huge difference between my gun business and selling of personal collection items here, on GunBroker, eBay, ARFcom, other knife forums...

I understand that even dealers can have private collections, but you have to also look at things from how they appear on our side of the mirror.

I'll go stand on the sidelines for now...
Appreciate the reflection. I myself are a member of Meal Team Six.... but did serve as a cardiac medic/flight medic/combat medic trained person with a fire dept and with State and Federal folks.

OP, this your business? If so, seems you’re running knives through your business. Sounds like a dealer to me.

That's me but you missed my Manufacturer's FFL and Manufacturers SOT. And for the third or fourth time I/we (my son) don't run any knives through the business. You, like others, presume way too much.

There's no tax advantage because I/we don't have a business inventory of knives or run them through anything. There is a huge difference between my gun business and selling of personal collection items here, on GunBroker, eBay, ARFcom, other knife forums...
Arfcom, checks out.
1689980734144.png

Anyone with a reasonable level of intelligence who has a quality credit card. All credit card companies provide excellent fraud protection, in case of a bad deal you are totally protected. I don't think it's quite the same level of protection with debit cards.
I understand that, but why give someone you don't know the chance and maybe have to go through the headache when there are far better options.

But if he uses credit cards for his separate business, does allowing their use to buy from an existing collection make him a dealer if he's not buying knives currently for resale?
We're back to my original question. I would answer "no" but it's not my forum.

I understand that, but why give someone you don't know the chance and maybe have to go through the headache when there are far better options.
Sir, there is no risk for the buyer or seller to use a credit card from a name brand bank. Debit cards are less safe and I won't pay by debit online or accept debit by phone or e-invoice.

While i can see how it looked like you were a dealer, I think you have made your case. Now it is up to the administration if they buy your explaination, or you need a dealer membership. I personally would take you at your word( at this time), but iti s not my decission to make.

While i can see how it looked like you were a dealer, I think you have made your case. Now it is up to the administration if they buy your explaination, or you need a dealer membership. I personally would take you at your word( at this time), but iti s not my decission to make.
I appreciate that.

I thought for my closing argument to the jury I would supply some pictures of my gun and suppressor business and a few pictures of my separate personal knife collection.
First two are of my shop/gun business bench (with a few S&W automatic knives getting ready to sell) and of my current pile of guns for sale.
The last three are of my personal knife collection in their custom display cases.

Attachments

• 20230723_165504_resized.jpg
    20230723_165504_resized.jpg
    595.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20230723_165515_resized.jpg
    20230723_165515_resized.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230723_173131_resized.jpg
    20230723_173131_resized.jpg
    582.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230723_173054_resized.jpg
    20230723_173054_resized.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230723_173141_resized.jpg
    20230723_173141_resized.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 19
That's the best you've got... a silly emoticon? You make an immature, somewhat low IQ statement, I respond and you simply laugh? What a Maroon.

Sir, with all due respect, and recognizing you’ve been getting raked over the coals here, I’d drop the sass. Boru13 didn’t threaten you, because he doesn’t have to. The only reason you have a Blade Forums to join is because of folks like our mods who donate their time to moderating the forums as best they can.

You must be able to see why people thought you were running a business. They catch people actually running businesses here with a lot less to go on. Personally I’d say anyone who came here just to sell knives and not engage in discussions elsewhere is only here to profit in a business-like manor, but that’s my opinion. What ever discussion you have outside of the exchange is directed at getting your sales rights back in the exchange.

Keep calling mods stupid and I’m sure eventually you’ll be finding other forums to sell your private collection. I’ve got nothing vested in this, so consider it free advice.

I thought for my closing argument to the jury I would supply some pictures of my gun and suppressor business and a few pictures of my separate personal knife collection.
First two are of my shop/gun business bench (with a few S&W automatic knives getting ready to sell) and of my current pile of guns for sale.
The last three are of my personal knife collection in their custom display cases.
Sheesh.. you could be on an episode of “Hoarders” with that desk setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back