question for elchucillo(?)

Hope I spelled your name right:eek:. At work here you can't carry a knife so my soddy is out, so is my Vic soldier. but a smallish vic like the cadet is OK :confused:. I remember you wrote up about it & was wondering what you thought of it. I realy like the can opener, & punch, on my soldier. Also if you or anyone else has a bantam alox what's your thoughts on it? I might have to use my brain:foot: & figure out how to use its can opener.

can't speak to the cadet, but i am curious to know what you do for a job that doesn't allow you to carry a knife like a sodbuster or soldier.

I have an alox Bantam. It's a great knife if you like thin, but I find it too thin to be comfortable. The 84mm alox scales are thinner than the 93mm ones.

Hope I spelled your name right:eek:. At work here you can't carry a knife so my soddy is out, so is my Vic soldier. but a smallish vic like the cadet is OK :confused:. I remember you wrote up about it & was wondering what you thought of it. I realy like the can opener, & punch, on my soldier. Also if you or anyone else has a bantam alox what's your thoughts on it? I might have to use my brain:foot: & figure out how to use its can opener.

jpvjr, the Cadet is a great knife. Reminds me of the Peanut in that it is a small knife with BIG knife capabilities. The blade is big enough to handle pretty much anything you'll come across, day to day. The tools are tough enough to really work. The Alox construction means it's tough as nails. A little tank of a workhorse. It's thinness makes it disappear in your pocket. And the Alox frame also makes it one good looking knife. Sleek and elegant, it's a perfect gentlemen's knife, very appropriate for you're work environment. It'll probably not raise too many eyebrows. Plus, the file on it will win the ladies over if they have a hang nail or something. The Bantom is a good choice as well, even thinner. The combo tool is not really that hard to use, so I wouldn't sweat it. If you're looking to buy a knife, you could also try one of the SAK pocket pals or Classics, or go traditional and get a Peanut or other small pen knife. Tiny knives work just as good as big ones for alot of things, and don't draw as much attention.

I teach history in NE. Also I volunteer as a woodshop sub. What I do is teach all the kids basics w/ hand tools, (they must complete 1 project w/out power tools). Also I teach them to sharpen there tools (knives included). A peanut is a "knife" & thefore a weapon:barf:. A swiss army isn't as long as it's not military, my boss knows enough to know the date on the master-blade makes it "military-issue", so it's a no-no.:mad: While I'm thinking of it I knew a guy in the Guard who carried a peanut to Gulf 1, & OEF, & OIF. I guess that makes it "SUPER-DUPER-TACTICAL" & deadly to:jerkit:

My wife is a Headstart aide and knives on campus are a no, no. So, I got her a SAK Swiss Card. It has the scissors, magnifier, and various tools. It has a nice, sharp, "letter opener," (That's what it says on the package.) that can conveniently cut sundry things. I wouldn't use it for anything heavy, but it does fine for, well, opening letters, etc., where you might prefer a blade over the scissors.

Everyone at school that has seen it loves it, as she does!

I teach history in NE. Also I volunteer as a woodshop sub. What I do is teach all the kids basics w/ hand tools, (they must complete 1 project w/out power tools). Also I teach them to sharpen there tools (knives included). A peanut is a "knife" & thefore a weapon:barf:. A swiss army isn't as long as it's not military, my boss knows enough to know the date on the master-blade makes it "military-issue", so it's a no-no.:mad: While I'm thinking of it I knew a guy in the Guard who carried a peanut to Gulf 1, & OEF, & OIF. I guess that makes it "SUPER-DUPER-TACTICAL" & deadly to:jerkit:

Your boss will let you carry a bantam or cadet, but not a soldier because it's "military issue"?

Now thats what I call nit picking over small differences!

What if you get a Victorinox pioneer? No date on the blade, but the same knife exept for a keyring.?

Your boss will let you carry a bantam or cadet, but not a soldier because it's "military issue"?

What if you get a Victorinox pioneer? No date on the blade, but the same knife exept for a keyring.?

Ooh, good loop hole, JK!!!

Well I got a Cadet. (I are tu stoopid to figgur out the combo-tool opener:eek:) The thing is I really like using the file for a small screwdriver, & a punch. You wouldn't think so but without the spine like the punch on the Soldier, you needn't twist into leather. That makes a neater hole without the tearout. One thing I noticed is even though it's not Mil-Spec, it's a dog-gone tank, you were right about that.

Well I got a Cadet. (I are tu stoopid to figgur out the combo-tool opener:eek:) The thing is I really like using the file for a small screwdriver, & a punch. You wouldn't think so but without the spine like the punch on the Soldier, you needn't twist into leather. That makes a neater hole without the tearout. One thing I noticed is even though it's not Mil-Spec, it's a dog-gone tank, you were right about that.

If you teach you of all people should know the correct method of articulating your thoughtss are as follows:I r 2 dumm 2 no wot 2 du.
Seriously, I have a Cadet also. I now am getting like el-c. I skinned a black-bear with mine. It was a cinch to clean up too. I used my Mora to butcher my husbands deer.

That's a hard-core use of the Cadet. I keep a Vic Recruit in my emergency car kit, primarily because the Vic Tinker and Vic Pocket Pal I've had forever have never let me down, so I know it won't either should I ever need it.

Back