Question on Rope Cutting.

Dan Gray said:
IG got a picture of that I think
I wish we could get all those pictures up on the site. :(
Dan: I got to re-install everything on my computer. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll post the pic's. :D

indian george said:
Dan: I got to re-install everything on my computer. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll post the pic's. :D

C@@L
shake the bugs out of that thing :)

Hi Folks,
There are a few other tests that you can add to sort out the excellent blades from the rest. Take a plastic 2 liter soda bottle hanging from a piece if sewing thread. Try to cut it in half. Another one is cutting empty shot gun shells in half . When we do the soda can cuts we try to have the top half of the can still sitting on the can after cutting.
These tests all take alot of practice and a very well made sharp blade.

Good luck ;)

I finally got around to starting my cutting blade. I went ahead and used some of my 2" x .332 5160. I had forgotten what it's like to grind a big blade from start to finish. It sucks. Boy do I miss forging to shape. My hat's off to you guys that do strictly stock removal. I guess it wouldnt be so bad on a good grinder i suppose. I use a homeade POS that tracks like a snake on fire. Frink grinder will be my next big purchase. I'm so ready for this hammer-in. Now.

Back