1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Question on shipping knife to Hong Kong

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by peleton blade, Feb 28, 2018.

1. peleton blade

peleton blade

Oct 4, 2016
    Hey guys.
    Is there any problem shipping flipping folding knife to Hong Kong from slovakia?
    Please advise and tell your experience if any?

2. hom76

hom76

Nov 1, 2012
    There should be no problem. I am living in Hong Kong and I have been buying knives including flippers many times from overseas

3. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    slovakia is in Europe, not over seas.

op, I don't know. but Europe has some knife law's, not sure.

4. hom76

hom76

Nov 1, 2012
    I was thinking the op's concern is whether Hong Kong has any law restriction on getting in flipping folders from other countries (overseas)

Mo2 likes this.
  5. Marko3

Marko3

Dec 12, 2010
    I have shipped a few to Hong Kong with no troubles at all .

6. Kevin Wilkins

Kevin Wilkins

Oct 7, 1998
    I have several customers in Hong Kong, never had any shipping problems. I always use Registered airmail delivery. Be advised, Hong Kong does not have any postal or zip codes! But they still seem to get the mail delivered...

7. KingMC

KingMC The Pun-isher Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    The OP is asking about shipping a knife from Slovakia (in Europe) to Hong Kong (Southern China). In comparison to Slovakia Hong Kong is not only further away than most other major countries but is also a separate country, so the term 'overseas' is about as relevant as any other term that could be used (even if technically there is a land route that connects the two). The pedantry doesn't help the conversation or the topic.

Lawmandan likes this.
  8. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    thanks. this is my question then...
    if Europe has knife laws do they still allow exporting said knife if it breaks them? or do they just affect importing them to Europe?