Question

I've ordered over the years 5 Himalayan products a chotlange ,tarwar, sirupate, ASTK, and what inthought was another siruoate but over time and reading post watching oucs for my next purchase i have come to believe what i thought i purchased as a sirupate is actually a kobra. I'm not complaining it is actually my now favorite HI. I say now because my ASTK was my favorite but it got stolen by movers when i left texas for SC. I guess the Gods were not pleased with the move. Anyways I just wanted clarification it's got the three knots on the pommel closed cho and feels a lot mot maneuverable than my wooden handle sirupate this onenis horn. I have pics but don't know how to oist markings appear to be to me at leasr a W On and what appears to be a leaf kind of like a spade on a deck of cards. Do I have a sirupate or Kobra? Either way not for sale I love it regardless just want to be informed on whst i have because its also a conversation piece and inwsnt to be accurate when talkimg about it

I've ordered over the years 5 Himalayan products a chotlange ,tarwar, sirupate, ASTK, and what inthought was another siruoate but over time and reading post watching oucs for my next purchase i have come to believe what i thought i purchased as a sirupate is actually a kobra. I'm not complaining it is actually my now favorite HI. I say now because my ASTK was my favorite but it got stolen by movers when i left texas for SC. I guess the Gods were not pleased with the move. Anyways I just wanted clarification it's got the three knots on the pommel closed cho and feels a lot mot maneuverable than my wooden handle sirupate this onenis horn. I have pics but don't know how to oist markings appear to be to me at leasr a W On and what appears to be a leaf kind of like a spade on a deck of cards. Do I have a sirupate or Kobra? Either way not for sale I love it regardless just want to be informed on whst i have because its also a conversation piece and inwsnt to be accurate when talkimg about it
By the way would love absolutely love another light say 18-20 oz ASTk

By the way would love absolutely love another light say 18-20 oz ASTk
Can you show us a picture? I don't know nothing about Himalayan knives. But I'm sure somebody might be able to help you here provided you have a photograph.

It sounds like you are describing a Kobra not a Sirupati. Sirupati have an open cho and usually a decorative engraving toward the spine. Kobra usually have closed cho, three bumps on the pommel, and a straight line engraving on the side toward the spine. Kobras are typically more lively than sirupatis of a similar size.

If you look at this page:
https://himalayan-imports.com/khuk2.html
about halfway down are pictures of the handles and chos of 2 kobras, and 1 sirupati. Hopefully, that will allow you to identify what you have.
The closed chos, and the 3 knobs on the buttcap should be enough for you to differentiate.

I can't post pics from my gallery how do I do it
I don't know chief. I had a hard time trying to post pictures as well. That's mostly why I got the gold membership I could post pictures and I also support the forum that way. I think it's well worth the money. I learned something new on this Forum on a daily basis. Some people use Photo bucket or imgur

By the description, it sounds like a Kobra. If you want a light ASTK to replace your stolen one, you can always ask auntie, and she can probably ask the kamis to make a few.

I also get confused between the two (kobras and sirupates). Don't be too hard on yourself :) i noticed two HI kobras (not mine!) on the auction bays. if you wanna go that route. but they are pricey.

Back