Questions about Dulo Knives

Hey bro. You ever figure out how much some of the Dulo knives go for? I know you asked a bunch of times but never got a number, even a ballpark. Not sure why that is . But anyways I want to know what I'm getting into before contacting which I'm sure that's why you asked as well. Also, did you get one??? Tell me about it if.you did. Thanks!

Unfortunately not. I ended up buying a Bark River Bravo 1-3V, it has everything i wanted from a knife. I am very satisfied with it. I might buy a Dulo knife for my collection in the future, but for now I am sorry to disappoint.

Unfortunately not. I ended up buying a Bark River Bravo 1-3V, it has everything i wanted from a knife. I am very satisfied with it. I might buy a Dulo knife for my collection in the future, but for now I am sorry to disappoint.
Its no biggie! Just was more curiosity. Like I really need another knife....or maybe I do...no I'm done...oK last time...haha

`My two Dulo knives (Vanadis 4extra and k390) were less expensive than equivalent BRKT.
So under 300$? Under 250$? Under 200$? No one will give an exact and I don't get why lol. I was one of the vanadis 8 new ones! May be a little more I know .Just want a baseline . Even if I got a k390 or v4 it will still be pretty sweet.

So under 300$? Under 250$? Under 200$? No one will give an exact and I don't get why lol. I was one of the vanadis 8 new ones! May be a little more I know .Just want a baseline . Even if I got a k390 or v4 it will still be pretty sweet.
v4e 180 euros. k390 190 euros both with leather sheath and posted in Europe. V4e blade 13 cm (about 5 inches), K390 blade 11.5 cm (4.5 inches), handles in stabilized wood. Extremely satisfied.

Oh nice . Those are great prices for what you get .Thanks for the info really appreciate it. I'm going to try to get a hold of him .Thanks!

I just ordered a Grimm in Vanadis 4E, got an email back from Svetlozar saying production time is 3-4 months and payment is due when the knife is finished. I'm guessing he will ask for my address and charge me for shipping then as well. I asked him about me sending him some desert ironwood burl to use, but haven't gotten a response yet. It's only been 3 days, so hopefully he will get back to me. The price of the knife includes a sheath, correct?

I’ve ordered a knife from him in the past. It had great fit and finish but the steel was too thick for my liking. I believe he runs his k390 at around 3.5mm so you should be good.

Pricing is around 190-200euro for a knife under 5 inches in blade length.

Make sure you are quite clear in your order with him. Generally the order will take a bit longer than expected but the shipping is quite quick.

I recommend him for a good budget custom knife, with exceptional steel heat treat.

I got my Dulo knife off here a while ago and I was really impressed. The scales were amazing walnut and the blade and fit and finish are awesome. Real quality knife. I got it in v4e. After a stropping it is incredibly sharp. The sheath is unreal too. Such a nice setup

I got my Dulo knife off here a while ago and I was really impressed. The scales were amazing walnut and the blade and fit and finish are awesome. Real quality knife. I got it in v4e. After a stropping it is incredibly sharp. The sheath is unreal too. Such a nice setup
Glad to hear you’re enjoying it :)

Did you get your knife? Your opinion?
Yes, got it last week but haven't gotten a chance to use it.
He mixed up the steels and ended up making it in K390 instead. He offered to make me one in V4E, but I decided I would just try K390.
The fit and finish is a little better than Bark River. The sheath is excellent, equal to custom sheaths I've bought.
The blade design and scales are excellent. Handle ergonomics are some of the best I've felt. It's got a nice sharp spine as well.
The grind is very slightly off, and there is a small gap between the liner and tang on one portion of the blade.

Yes, got it last week but haven't gotten a chance to use it.
He mixed up the steels and ended up making it in K390 instead. He offered to make me one in V4E, but I decided I would just try K390.
The fit and finish is a little better than Bark River. The sheath is excellent, equal to custom sheaths I've bought.
The blade design and scales are excellent. Handle ergonomics are some of the best I've felt. It's got a nice sharp spine as well.
The grind is very slightly off, and there is a small gap between the liner and tang on one portion of the blade.
K390 is even better! Couldn't have been a better mix up I think. Both non-stainless tough and amazing edge retention. K390 may have it beat imo. What do you think?

K390 is even better! Couldn't have been a better mix up I think. Both non-stainless tough and amazing edge retention. K390 may have it beat imo. What do you think?
The vanadls 4e is very tough and furthermore the v4e Dulo knives thickness is above 5mm. The K390 knives are thinner, about 4 mm and less tough. Batonning a K390 Dulo knife request to be careful.
For example, LT Wright knives in cpm-3v with a thickness of 3.6 mm can be used for batonning without problem and are
also nice slicers. I don’t think Dulo knives can use different steel thickness. A Dulo knives in v4e with a 3.5-4 mm thickness would be a winner.

You can get a lot of informations by looking at "Dulo knives" on Youtube: steels, handles...
I got a Vanadis 4e DBK knife from him last June. I had to pay (paypal) after the knife was ready to be sent. I choosed
the steel, the blade length, the handle length and material (stabilized walnut in my case). The knife is fine, very high quality
and sturdy. V4e steel is very tough and not easy, but not extremely difficult to sharpen. Waiting time was about 3 months.
I am now in the process to wait for a puukko in K390 (wood handle). Svetlozar will respond to your questions
within a few days (info@duloknives.com).
This is all good information ! I have worked with Svetlozar many times over the years, and he is great !! Eager to do what ever you might want. Prices are better for a precision made custom knife I’ve ever seen. Most of his knives are around $220 dollars in basic materials ( quality steel k390, m390, elmax, 3v, V4e…….) micarta handles. And you get a premium hand made precision knife !! I can’t say enough how pleased I’ve been ! 7 knives and counting 👍👍

This is all good information ! I have worked with Svetlozar many times over the years, and he is great !! Eager to do what ever you might want. Prices are better for a precision made custom knife I’ve ever seen. Most of his knives are around $220 dollars in basic materials ( quality steel k390, m390, elmax, 3v, V4e…….) micarta handles. And you get a premium hand made precision knife !! I can’t say enough how pleased I’ve been ! 7 knives and counting 👍👍
I'm asking myself why do all these old threads about dulo knives keep getting bumped? Answer: new guy!

Back