Questions re the Handle Materials

A couple of questions on your handles;

- Are the Birch Bark handles sealed or coated with anything when they are produced or are they left natural?

- Is the Birch tree a common tree in Russia?

- The Birch Nodule - does a particular part of the Wood on the Tree provide better wood for these handles (such as in a Fork or Root)?

Thanks in advance.

Birch bark handle always processed special way and sealed with special bee wax based solution.

Birch tree is very common tree in Russia. But for handle material only Russia, Finland and other Scandinavian countries using it.

Birch nodule is very solid part of tree. Basically, it is gowning on a tree itself (like a parasite). We are making very nice looking solid handles out of it.

2 kancler

It will be nice to see some brief description, some small article with shots from the factory or something about what it is and how it is made.

I think that you did good job explaining what is 110x18. This name means nothing here in US, but everybody know that BG42 is best non PM steel here (at least Sal sad this once).

But if you give some info from your R&D department on what Birch Bark is and why it was chosen and why having guard and pommel in micarta you prefer to use Birch Bark for handle, it may clear for many what a unique value this gives to you knives.

I briefly know that birch bark should be harvested spring time and treated by bee wax solution, pieces carefully chosen to match color etc...

I think this kind of information may clear what it really is, and people will ask for Birch Bark (as I do always) instead of Micarta.

Thanks, Vassili.

Back