Questions to the expert on the history Izula

Friends on one Russian forum is the theme that discusses this fine knife. Guys have a few questions and I want to ask them to you:

When it was first released a knife?
Its manufactured by Ontario or Rowen?
Since what year it appeared the ant logo and ESEE?
Why is this knife called Izula?

If my questions seem stupid to you, or they have already asked. I'm sorry)))

Friends on one Russian forum is the theme that discusses this fine knife. Guys have a few questions and I want to ask them to you:

When it was first released a knife?

I'm not sure on the date. 2008 I believe?

Its manufactured by Ontario or Rowen?

Rowen. Ontario doesn't produce any of the ESEE blades.

Since what year it appeared the ant logo and ESEE? The logo changes to ESEE at that time.

The RAT Cutlery name was changed to ESEE on Feb. 1, 2010

Why is this knife called Izula?

From the ESEE site:

The locals in Peru call the meanest, nastiest ant of the jungle by the name "Isula". We know it as the Bullet Ant. The Bullet Ant is known to be independent, tough, light on its feet, and a real aggressive survivor - the IZULA knife is built the same way. This knife is designed to be the perfect lightweight survival kit or concealed carry knife.

If my questions seem stupid to you, or they have already asked. I'm sorry)))

See answers above.

Welcome to the forum! It's great to see a member from Russia and knowing others have been talking about the Izula and ESEE. The Izula is and has always been an ESEE knife, not an Ontario. When it was first released the name of the company was RAT Cutlery but they had since then moved on from Ontario as the maker to Rowen in Idaho. The ant logo I believe did first make an appearance for the first time on the Izula knife. The knife is named after the meanest ant in the amazon, the Izula, which is known to have a very nasty bite. I'm not totally sure what year it first made it's debut, I'm sure Jeff will chime in and let you know. I hope this helped answer some of your questions.

Friends, your answers helped me a lot. One question to me was incomprehensible. Rowen makes these knives from the beginning? Even then, when they were a sign of ontario?

Friends, your answers helped me a lot. One question to me was incomprehensible. Rowen makes these knives from the beginning? Even then, when they were a sign of ontario?

Rowen is the manufacturer of the Izula, and all other ESEE knives. The Izula was never made by Ontario. It was made after ESEE split apart from Ontario. The thing that may be confusing you is when it was first made, ESEE still had the company name RAT Cutlery which was on the knife. Hope this helps!:D

Rowen is the manufacturer of the Izula, and all other ESEE knives. The Izula was never made by Ontario. It was made after ESEE split apart from Ontario. The thing that may be confusing you is when it was first made, ESEE still had the company name RAT Cutlery which was on the knife. Hope this helps!:D

Thank you so much! Everything is clear now. Yes, I misled the logo of Ontario.

Back