Quick E2 question

Bronco

I recently received my new Surefire E2 and I really like it. However, I was reading through the instruction manual last night and in the introduction it clearly states that the flashlight comes with two new N-type lamps, the MN02 (60 lumen) and the MN03 (25 lumen). My light only came with one lamp (the MN02 installed in the unit). Did I get shortchanged here, or is this a misprint in the instruction manual? BTW, I bought this E2 brand new and the black box was still sealed in the plastic overwrap when I received it.

------------------
Semper Fi

-Bill

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bronco:
I recently received my new Surefire E2 and I really like it. However, I was reading through the instruction manual last night and in the introduction it clearly states that the flashlight comes with two new N-type lamps, the MN02 (60 lumen) and the MN03 (25 lumen). My light only came with one lamp (the MN02 installed in the unit). Did I get shortchanged here, or is this a misprint in the instruction manual? BTW, I bought this E2 brand new and the black box was still sealed in the plastic overwrap when I received it.

</font>

It's a typo. You only get the MN03. They haven't released the lower lumen bulb yet.

This has been discussed on a number of forums before.

So, you didn't get shortchanged they just didn't proof the manual. I even think it calls it an E1 in the manual!

That's correct.

Sorry, but you only get one lamp, the MN03.

I mentioned 'Grolsch' in another post. But the customers wanted the product right now...

Additional Lamp Modules will be released as extras.

Anyway, I hope the E2 serves you well!

Al

Thanks for the info, gents. Serves me right for reading the instruction manual in the first place.
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Semper Fi

-Bill

You read the manual? Turn in your Manly Man card immediately! I like the E2 (and all their products) and look forward to availability of the lower lumen assembly. Tim Flanagan, are you reading this?
smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by copfish:
You read the manual? Turn in your Manly Man card immediately! I like the E2 (and all their products) and look forward to availability of the lower lumen assembly. Tim Flanagan, are you reading this?
smile.gif
</font>

While, we're at it. Hey Tim! Lanyards?

The Executive series lanyards will fit both the E1 and the E2
smile.gif

Bucky

Actually I just checked today while they didn't think (!) lanyards had been shipped yet, I apparently do have some E series beamfilters and beamshapers inbound. Arriving later this week I think. News will follow. Trying prepositionless speech. Let me know how you like.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Regards,
Tim
Nor'east Knives
noreastknives@bigfoot.com

There are two rules for ultimate success in life.
Never tell everything you know.

[The other one is to please read the groundrules for the Auto forum at: http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/001211.html ]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by copfish:
You read the manual? Turn in your Manly Man card immediately! </font>

Guilty as charged, copfish.
biggrin.gif
I will have you know, however, that the very first plastic model I built as a little kid was of a WWII era PBY Catalina. I had no clue why they put all these white papers in with the model parts, and so into the trash they went with the plastic wrapping material. Somehow, the final product actually ended up looking like an airplane (though there were more than a few extra pieces left over).
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Semper Fi

-Bill

Back