Quick easy way to strip teflon coating

Ive seen people recommend sand paper and chemical strippers to remove the black coating but if you dont feel like taking apart your cold steel knife use a razor blade and it strips it quickly with no damage or scratching since their stone washed underneath I only removed the thumb stud http://imgur.com/sWv8wZt

use the knife and it will wear away quicker than you'd expect.:)

good tip, thanks for sharing.

I used the screwdrivers on my Victorinox SAK. Careful around the edge, so you don't wreck it or cut yourself.

I used a cutter blade, and it worked quite well.

20160305_155443_zpsemgqvp9k.jpg

I really dig the knife without the crappy teflon.

Before:

20160305_155454_zpsjtydtt2o.jpg

During:

20160305_160031_zpsxmsirh2e.jpg

20160305_155500_zps8bvh80yl.jpg

After:

20160305_174535_zpsx4enp5y8.jpg

20160305_174530_zpslrfajkfn.jpg

Whats with the eye loop opener intead of the thumbstud?

I'm sorry, but that looks terrible. Take the blade out, and use equal parts Choir Boy and elbow grease. Under running water as well.

"Nothing sticks to Teflon ..." (old advertizing slogan for non-stick pans)
Since nothing sticks to Teflon, it stands to reason that Teflon sticks to nothing.
Use it, and it will rub off quick enough, just like it does on your pots and pans.

You can zip coatings off with a brass wire wheel on a hand drill, if one feels they must. I just see it as creating more blade maintenance these days. After sharpening my axes/hatchets, I gave them a good spray of clear lacquer. I like whatever keeps the rust off with minimal work. The more steel you acquire, the more it becomes a chore. But to each their own.

Back