Quickdraw sheath

Great rig and pictures, thank you

Bruce was kind enough to agree to whip one of these up for my M43. I'll post pics when it gets here.

Bruce was kind enough to agree to whip one of these up for my M43. I'll post pics when it gets here.

It's actually done. Well sorta. I still need to get some leather balm for the finishing touch and pick up the materials for the strap. But the khuk is in the sheath. I also gave the handle a coat of Briwax.

I got another one that I'll stitch up tomorrow....my fingers hurt.

A couple more.

The one for the M43 still needs a strap made. I also need to pick up some leather balm with atom wax from Tandy to finish them.

For the one with the contrasting stitching I used a different method on the belt loop. I stitched it instead of using rivets.

IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_4370.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

IMG_4373.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

Happy family.

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg

Bruce,
That looks fantastic! Thanks so much for cranking one out for me. I look forward to the chakma/karda idea you mentioned taking shape.
Dave

Bruce,
That looks fantastic! Thanks so much for cranking one out for me. I look forward to the chakma/karda idea you mentioned taking shape.
Dave

Made this little pouch for the karda and chakma to go on the strap. It isn't finished yet. But this is the basic idea.

IMG_4410.jpg

bruce is seriously the man.

i love his work and he's a super guy!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Maybe it's been said, but it just sank into my neanderthal brain, that while these are very quick to draw from when the retaining strap is undone, they also hold the kukri relatively securely when secured. So they are both faster to remove the kuk than the standard sheath, and more secure. I'm amazed at the design and functionality, while remaining simple.

Brilliant work.

I genuinely believe you could make a good side business here of making rigs like that.

I said the EXACT same thing. perhaps if enough of us say it, Bruce will listen...:foot:

Seriously, he is VERY talented.

Nice job Bruce,

Brett

Back