(Quote) "Will you do me a favor?"

afishhunter

Gold Member
The second in command at the Assisted Living facility I am at asked me today "Will you do me a favor?"

She needed her scissors sharpened to finish another resident's hair cut.

They was so dull wouldn't cut 20wt copypaper. :(

A few swipes with my (alleged) "1000 grit" diamond plate, and keeping the original bevel had them hair (and paper) cutting sharp in no time. I must have got it "right" since she didn't bring them back? :D

As far as I am aware, I am the only one here with cutlery ... archery ... tools ...
Quite righty, IMHO. A few here are not allowed butter knives, spoons or forks. "Thanks" to Alzheimer's they don't remember how to use them or feed themselves, and/or remember they need a walker so they don't fall .... where their room is ... their potty training ... :(
I honestly think I would rather be planted 6 foot under than to quote/unquote "live" like that.

The second in command at the Assisted Living facility I am at asked me today "Will you do me a favor?"

She needed her scissors sharpened to finish another resident's hair cut.

They was so dull wouldn't cut 20wt copypaper. :(

A few swipes with my (alleged) "1000 grit" diamond plate, and keeping the original bevel had them hair (and paper) cutting sharp in no time. I must have got it "right" since she didn't bring them back? :D

As far as I am aware, I am the only one here with cutlery ... archery ... tools ...
Quite righty, IMHO. A few here are not allowed butter knives, spoons or forks. "Thanks" to Alzheimer's they don't remember how to use them or feed themselves, and/or remember they need a walker so they don't fall .... where their room is ... their potty training ... :(
I honestly think I would rather be planted 6 foot under than to quote/unquote "live" like that.
Good job!
Keep livin' brother,

shaking your hand sir..let's be grateful for being sane and alive and cherish the life everyday while we can... and do not forget to help the ones who are less fortunate..

Back