R.I.P Vampire Gerbil

Thanks Jeff, Lest We Forget. The last post was made by Bob Irons, another of the wonderful people that have passed on.

attachment.php

Dave, may your gift of spreading laughter be shared with the angels. RIP.

Attachments

• SmilingAngel.jpg
    SmilingAngel.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 477
David Gittleman

David Gittleman, 47, of Pahrump, passed away Nov. 21, 2007.

He was born July 21, 1960 in Philadelphia, Pa. and was a resident of Pahrump for 7 years, having come from New Jersey.

Gittleman was a veteran of the U.S. Marines and a firefighter, retired from Ringwood, N.J.

His daughters Alisha L. Watson of Pahrump and Tiffany Gittleman of Ringwood, N.J. and parents Edith and Stanley Gittleman of West Covina, Calif. survive him.

He was preceded in death by his wife, Stacie Lynn Gittleman.

Services will be held at 12 noon, Nov. 30, Desert View Memorial Park in Victorville, Calif. (11/21/07)

You're welcome.

I didn't know, Dave, being relatively new to the forum and more of a lurker in the makers section, but I've just spent the last hour or so having a very good laugh from reading all the memories and "favorite posts" responses.

TJ - bless you.

RIP VG!

WOW. I just logged onto BF for the first time in a very long time and I saw this thread.

VG was always good for a laugh. I vividly remember his antics from years ago.

Hope he is at peace...........:(

Damn! It seems more and more of the old guard are leaving. Add big Dave to a long list that includes Walt "Doc" Welch, James Mattis, and Rob Simonich. I remain saddened.

--Bob--

I would send my heart felt sympathies to VGs family and friends.

I am new to this forum and want to tell you how touched I am by the many emotional posts before me. They brought tears to my eyes more than once.

Wishing you all the best at such a difficult time.

Johnny.

Damn, just stumbled across this thread... :(

Dave was funny even when the chips were down - Dave 'knew' what others were going through, he'd been there...hell, he was there - Dave had me laughing my ass off, swappin' lies at Blade West one year when it was 'down south' - Dave was a good dude, Dave was a friend to many...

Dave, buddy, see ya on the other side... :)

I talked to Edith (Dave's mom) last night. She is still waiting for the coroner's report and death certificate stating cause of death.

She's having a really tough time right now, dealing with Dave's unexpected death and all of the arrangements for the funeral and closure on his personal accounts, etc. On top of that her husband, Stanley, is basically on his deathbed and non-responsive, no control of bodily functions, his limbs are stiffening up and unflexible. Edith is taking a double-whammy right now. I don't expect Stanley to live much longer, but sometimes people hang on for years.

I'm going to send Edith some beautiful flowers to hopefully cheer her up, and maybe a fruit box from Harry and David (David and Harry?). Anyone would who like to help upgrade the flowers or fruit box thingie can send a little something to my paypal addy. Not necessary, I'm doing it anyway on a smaller basis I can afford. If there is enough, maybe smaller flower arrangements can be sent several days apart to help cheer her up and remind her that Dave's friends here haven't forgotten her. This is NOT a request for money. I'm gonna do it on my own anyway.

Heck, maybe the Name Change Phantom can send some of the $20 title change money he/she would be spending right now but can't, due to Spark's temporary hold on title changes for others!

paypal addy: 1badgirl@innocent.com

TJ

I saw this for the first time Christmas Eve, not sure how I missed it before that. I was sorry to see that Dave had passed, but believe he is in a better place.What really shook me up though was when I saw when he was born, he was only a year older than me. But by the grace of God that could have been any one of us. That is a very sobering thought.

Back