1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 44 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, Cold Steel Stickers & Boker Tree Brand Hat , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)
  3. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

R-Series Knives

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Jan 17, 2017.

1. joeraz

joeraz Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I'm sure there's HIstory to these. What does 'R' stand for?

2. SingleGrind

SingleGrind

Jun 15, 2015
    Joeraz I'm not 100% but I believe the R is for Ram Lal. He's been creating up a storm of new knives

3. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    The R series isn't new, it's been around for quite a spell. I think Ram is pretty new, so he's making them but he didn't invent them. I got nothing to back that up with, Meister Tall I'm sure is already checking the archives.

4. Bigbore577

Bigbore577

Jun 15, 2006
    He had to order a new cloak before entering the archives. He wore out the old one. Might take longer than usual.

5. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    So that's it. Totally understandable.

I actually have two of his cloaks I still need to press right after I polish his sandals. Ran out of sandal polish. My bad. I'm sure I'll be replaced forthwith for my ineptness very soon.

6. timcsaw

timcsaw Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 25, 2007
    EMS for that R-4 knife... Fingers crossed.

Got the Done Deal!! Woo hoo!!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  7. DaFatKid

DaFatKid Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 6, 2016
    My personal favorites are the R-4, R-7 & the R-10.

8. Bigbore577

Bigbore577

Jun 15, 2006
    I now have R-1 through R-10 in route with R-11 being made. Some are the most functional regular blades I know HI to produce. Look them up when available. I know I have a 29" Ram Dao and a 30" Janawar Katana but really, why? The little ones do all necessary for a knife. The others are mostly all choppers, with some exceptions. The reason they are Khukris.

9. Bigbore577

Bigbore577

Jun 15, 2006
    I now have 1-10 with glorious efforts of different old school and new school Kami's. When I get number 11, I will show rhem all off. Auntie must have picked the proper Kami best for each one. She's a true wizzard. In this case, the set is better than the originals. 1, 2 and 7 could make you envious.